Sign in to follow this  
TT

Time travel - this should be entertaining!

TT

If you could travel back in time and return to the present with one additional item......

What machine or vehicle you would buy if you had unlimited funds?

Wheelhorse84

A black gto judge convertible.

nylyon

A 1971 Hemi Superbird. Not that it's the most expensive, but it is SO cool!

6wheeler

I'd go back and buy my old 74 IH COE4070B back and bring her home with me. But how could I bring my kids without having to have met their mother(my first wife) :eusa-think:

64s

I'd pick up a few shares of Disney, or Microsoft, or Berkshire Hathaway, or ......................... you get the idea.

dclarke

'70 Boss 302... always wanted one of those.

Kelly

Buy the car I sold years ago but when it was NEW, a 1969 GT torino fastback with a 428CJ with the drag pack option, I wish I had that one back, but had a kid and soon after lost my job so the car had to go :banghead:

can whlvr

the original batmobile,seeing as it just sold for 4.2 million

illinilefttackle

Back in 1964-65 I stopped into a car Dealership to see the latest-I went to a small building in downtown South Bend-it was the offices of Rommey Hammes Ford-Factory Racing division-Mr **** Brannan. He had a brand new Whimbilton White Ford 427-SOHC-T-Bolt with a beefed Auto trans. Ready for Factory backed Drag competition. He allowed me to sit in it-briefly start it up-I will NEVER forget the whine, roar, shaking, I was a 6'3 255lbs Tackle from Illinois-but I was SCARED& thrilled all at once. He offered it to me for $4000 and my car. I must have figured it 57 ways from Sunday how I could do it and not have my Old Man kill me outright. Then I said with dry lips-"No I can't"........I want to GO BACK!-Al

• Like 4

illinilefttackle

Buy the car I sold years ago but when it was NEW, a 1969 GT torino fastback with a 428CJ with the drag pack option, I wish I had that one back, but had a kid and soon after lost my job so the car had to go :banghead:

Heh Kelly-I've driven quite a few fast powerful cars over the years-I had a chance to work on a car like yours-When I was done-I took it on a test drive-I believe it was the quickest, most powerful car I ever drove!-Al

nylyon

Wait, I take it back. I want an Amphicar! Yeah, drive 50 MPH down the road then right into the lake, just like the Duck's at the Dells!

bowtieguy

The California Kid...(the real one)....located at Pete & Jakes Hot Rod Shop just down the road in Peculiar Missouri

• Like 1

tunahead72

An orange BMW 2002tii, always wanted one of those.

Either that, or one of the original AC Cobras, except that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make it back to the present in one piece. :auto-layrubber:

Or a BMW R90/6. :auto-sportbike:

Dang, Terry, this is torture, why did you have to get me thinkin' about this stuff?!? :ychain:

posifour11

I'll be the boring one. '57 belair convertable. Turquoise and white, continental kit, 348 tripower.

sscotsman

A Pennsylvania Railroad T1 Steam locomotive:

i-42kq8Rp.jpg

Fifty two T1 locomotives were built from 1942 to 1946. One of the most technologically advanced steam locomotives ever built..

they were fast and powerful passenger train locomotives..

but they were only used until 1952, when the diesel invasion made them obsolete..none survived the scrappers torch..

Scot

• Like 4

Ken B

I might like my Chevy's but when it comes to vintage drag cars and muscle cars I like my Mopars just as much. I have always been a HUGE fan of the Sox & Martin drag team. I built many a model of their drag cars way back in the day when I was a kid, still have a few of em as a matter of fact. Little story, my father in law was a drag racer back in the day, not the street racer type, he raced against other pro's. Back sometime in 1970 he was racin in York Pa. when he met up with Ronnie Sox. Somehow he wound up with an 8x12 picture signed by Mr. 4-speed himself. At least 25 yrs. ago when my Father in Law found out I was a fan of Sox & Martin he gave me the picture, which of course I still have! Out of all of their drag cars this one is above and beyond my favorite. Back in the early 60's they raced a Chevy Impala, then Mercury and finally Mopar. If I could ever get my hands on this car I'd figure out a way to drive it on the streets every day I possibly could.

18.jpg

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 2

stevebo

I would buy a 1969 Chevelle Super Sport with 396/375hp - 4 speed with 4:11 gears. I am a big fan of the metalic green with white racing stripes and tan interior. That would be lots of fun.... I inherited a distant close match... my grandparents 1968 Chevelle 2 door 307 ci 2 speed tranny. It has about 45k original miles but is in need of a complete restore. All I can do is keep working and save my pennies and hope to save up enough money to restore it...

Cvans

The only vehicle that I've owned and wished I could have back was my 1936 Dodge humpbacked sedan delivery. Vietnam came so the dodge went. Dang I liked that truck. Mine was the same colors as this one less the advertising. Not this nice either.

post-755-0-88423200-1359000903_thumb.jpg

Ken B

I would buy a 1969 Chevelle Super Sport with 396/375hp - 4 speed with 4:11 gears. I am a big fan of the metalic green with white racing stripes and tan interior. That would be lots of fun.... I inherited a distant close match... my grandparents 1968 Chevelle 2 door 307 ci 2 speed tranny. It has about 45k original miles but is in need of a complete restore. All I can do is keep working and save my pennies and hope to save up enough money to restore it...

Where were you when I sold mine? 69 SS, Big Block, M-22 Muncie 4-speed, 4.88 posi rear. Talk about some serious get up n go, she ate Fords for lunch. We coulda done some SERIOUS horse tradin....

ScannedImage-19-1.jpg

• Like 1

stevebo

Ken-

I do not believe I have or will ever have enough horses on the ponderosa to trade for that one! I know you wish you had it back....

6wheeler

Kelly, You had a 69 Torino? I woula killed for one of those when I was in High School in 79'. I knew there was something I liked about you :ychain: . I had a 67 Ford Ranch Wagon 390 4bbl. and a 4 spd. It had air bags in the rear. Oddest thing I ever saw at the time. I tinted all the windows dark and on went the Cragars with 60's on the rear. It was Sable black with a red int. I got alot of tickets for the side pipes. Man. that car was waaay cool. I guess THAT would be my first choice to go back and get. I raced my buddy and his 67 GTO and SMOKED him :auto-dirtbike: . Great memories. Thanks Terry.

Ken B

Ken-

I do not believe I have or will ever have enough horses on the ponderosa to trade for that one! I know you wish you had it back....

Back when I was at the Chevy dealer and you were at Enterprise Rental... if you only asked for a ride.... We would have got to known each other much sooner and you would have had the ride of yer life! Yes indeed I do wish I had that one back, I saw it last summer in the exact same condition..

c161rat

I would have to say I would pull the Back to the Future trick and buy the sports Almanac. Then I would have all the cars and bikes I want. If the Almanac is not available I would love to have my 67 Buick Special back. Or at least that half second before I asked my sister if it was clear to pull out. We still debate weather she said "no" or "go". Either way I heard go and the rest...Including my Buick is history!!!!!!!

Edited by c161rat
  • Like 1

SousaKerry

A Pennsylvania Railroad T1 Steam locomotive:

i-42kq8Rp.jpg

Fifty two T1 locomotives were built from 1942 to 1946. One of the most technologically advanced steam locomotives ever built..

they were fast and powerful passenger train locomotives..

but they were only used until 1952, when the diesel invasion made them obsolete..none survived the scrappers torch..

Scot

Scot glad to see another "foamer" around here but mine would have to be a Lehigh Valley Alco C-628 in the snowbird scheme of coarse...

2800 horsepower of pure 4 cycle turbocharged diesel fury, smoked like a steam engine under load, pulled so hard they literally tore up the rails underneath them.

None survived all fell to the scrapper's torch except for a few units that went to Mexico but I think they met the same fatetr_lv626.jpg

Edited by Sousakerry2
  • Like 1

diesel cowboy

I'd have to go back and get this before it was turned in to a doodlebug.post-6402-0-47736900-1359049770_thumb.jp Its a late 20's Stewart 1 1/2 ton truck. Drove out to Buffalo, Ny to get it when it came up on evil bay.

Stewart