Sign in to follow this  
Iggy68

Something's a parent can't fix

Iggy68

My 24 year old son works for a company that provides temp labor for construction companies. Long story short they had a fatal accident last night at one of the job sites. A 39 year old man lost his life. My son was the first to talk to the mans wife being he was the management person there. He is pretty tore up about the whole thing. If only we could snap our fingers and take it away.

nylyon

That can't be easy even for someone older.

Sparky

Gotta be tough to be the first to talk to someones loved ones with that type of news. I wouldn't know where to begin. Maybe just hugs and handshakes would be better than words.

Hope I'm never in that position.

Mike............

roscoemi

Rough one. Not easy to do no matter how many times you have to do it. My heart goes out to both him and the family.

Raider12

Life doesn't aways deal a fair hand for everyone. My brother resently had this simular situation at his work place. Never easy, my heart and prayers go out to the family and those envolved.

VinsRJ

I worked at an old folks home when I was younger... there was a couple of times I walked in on an individual who had passed... it changes your veiw of death for sure. And the notification process is always a weird situation.

mowerman1193

Thought and prayers for your son and the family of the other man. That would have to be a hard thing to deal with..

Kevin

6wheeler

We lost a driver a few years ago.He was the only driver that was ever lost in an accident(rollover). He and his wife were very good friends of mine. Talking to her that afternoon was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. You just don't know what to say. I am so sorry for his situation. My heart goes out to him and the family of the gentleman that was lost.