Sign in to follow this  
Kevbo

Picked up a C-101

Kevbo

Hi guys just wanted to share my latest pick! Had a guy email me about this C-101 and was asking $300. Super nice guy when I met him. Apparently, he bought this from his buddy from work and only used it to pull vehicles in and out of his restoration garage! Here are some pictures below. Sadly, someone did a crude job reprinting it and just sprayed the whole thing including the engine wires. I cleaned it up with 0000 steel wool and WD-40 and got cone if the overspray off the decals. You will also notice the cheap straight pipe muffler and car steering wheel attached!! Gotta fix that someday...the engine needs a fuel pump...got one coming from ebay and I drained the oil today as well...blackest oil I have ever seen! I'm interested to see how she runs. We talked the guy down to $260 which I think was worth it with the heavy duty tranny and ag tires.

601C0B2C-CBB3-42B6-874C-033E1580E5E6-509-00000095B23953C1.jpg

B5858270-1C0B-471F-9998-8209FFCDBF3C-509-0000009354577806.jpg

FEDC38CE-334C-4276-864E-7710AE26B191-509-000000934F088BFE.jpg

Kevbo

Gotta stop posting off my iPhone I make too many spelling mistakes lol

*crude job repainting

*and got some of the overspray

glgrumpy

Paint looks great here! I LIKE the pipe, would stay on mine! Neat new seat too, and tires look new. Think you got TOO good of deal and should have been a $400 tractor compared to most I've seen for sale. Now I have to go look at all my junkers and cry! :roll:

tunahead72

Hey Kevin, that one looks good from my house!

It's funny, I remember when you first joined RedSquare, you started a thread asking for advice about how to find Wheel Horses for sale. And now they're finding YOU! I think you've got it figured out now. :handgestures-thumbup:

Ken B

Looks decent from here. How many is that? 4,5?

Kelly

Not bad looking from here, looks like a good worker paint job, the ag tires look very well used, but should have some bite left in them.

WheelHorse79

Your tractor looks good! My Dad bought a left over '79 C-101 in December of '79 which I still have. It has been a great rugged, reliable tractor for the 33 years we have owned it. I plan on doing a mild restore later on this year once I finish with my 854. Enjoy your C-101!

Kevbo

Altogether I now have 7 if you count the B-80 that is literally sitting in a big Rubbermaid box as parts waiting to be restored. Ill have to post some of my other tractor picks that have occurred since October. My shed is getting a little full haha

I would say that 5 out of my 7 picks were from people actually contacting me!

Love this forum P.S.

Ken B

Leave some room in the shed for a nice roundhood!

Kevbo

Leave some room in the shed for a nice roundhood!

That is my next search! :handgestures-thumbupright:

I'll have to show you guys the pictures of my sheds. I have four altogether and they are connected as two pairs because the one used to be a chicken coop! They were built in the 1920s so there is a little bit of upkeep required but worth the space (for tractors!! :laughing-rofl: )

bowtiebutler956

I'd say you got a great deal! :text-datsphatyo: That :wh: looks like it still has lots of years of service left in it. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Kevbo

Paint looks great here! I LIKE the pipe, would stay on mine! Neat new seat too, and tires look new. Think you got TOO good of deal and should have been a $400 tractor compared to most I've seen for sale. Now I have to go look at all my junkers and cry! :roll:

I liked the pipe too but then realized it was only attached to the elbow with pop rivets! :scratchead: It wiggles a lot but maybe I'll just figure out how to attach it because I do like the chrome look :handgestures-thumbupright:

Wheel-N-It

Good Find for both you and the Horse Kevin. You found a good tractor, and your tractor found a good home. I was wondering yesterday what Wheel Horse you needed a fuel pump for. Now I know.

Once you get this one running , what are your plans for it? I like to have an assigned task for each one of mine, even the ones that are not Red.

Kevbo

Good Find for both you and the Horse Kevin. You found a good tractor, and your tractor found a good home. I was wondering yesterday what Wheel Horse you needed a fuel pump for. Now I know.

Once you get this one running , what are your plans for it? I like to have an assigned task for each one of mine, even the ones that are not Red.

Since this one has the ag tires...It will probably be used for pulling heavy loads of mulch/dirt up my hill to the woods and maybe even plowing or flattening out dirt for planting new grass in my lawn. Good idea by the way...I need to establish and prepare each of my horses for their assigned "duties" haha

414-8: blowing snow/heavy mowing

312-8: (once I can get the crank fixed or swap the engine) standard mowing

C-160: heavy pulling (logs, large rocks, light stumps)

C-81: light mowing (rather small mower deck)

212-H: specific duty! mowing a super steep front bank that I can shift my weight to the 1 side with the low profile and not tip over!

B-80: for show.

tunahead72

I'll have to show you guys the pictures of my sheds. I have four altogether and they are connected as two pairs because the one used to be a chicken coop! They were built in the 1920s so there is a little bit of upkeep required but worth the space (for tractors!! :laughing-rofl: )

Whenever you're ready... :popcorn:

Jake Kuhn

Great deal! :bow-blue:

ray

From here it looks like you got a fantastic deal.

Wheel-N-It

That sounds like a good plan Kevin. Collecting these tractors is fun, but more especially fun for me if I can assign each one to a specific duty or shared duty.

Kevbo

Hey guys here are pictures of my various "Stables" I said I would post:

Circa.1920

87D1081A-40CE-4B86-9B31-FFAC3C470BC9-1581-00000219776544E2.jpg

Still more room!

C3B31902-D94F-4304-8936-8CC3C53C0E99-1581-0000021972DBABF3.jpg

The herd minus 3

2223ABEB-568E-41AD-9F0A-093BF6CA94DD-1581-000002196DA65D37.jpg

Garden tool shed

5728B7A2-7F6C-421B-8B50-E9C5E44E832D-1581-000002197BF4972F.jpg

Upper sheds (old chicken coop!)

E26A38BB-E281-4DCE-B50F-EBA8C52263AF-1581-00000219809D33DF.jpg

A036599D-D6F7-4763-BD21-72098C8A634F-1581-000002198552EA6E.jpg

I got to credit my grandfather for helping put up that new siding! Still needs minor floor and roof repairs but a great place to store many tractors to come!

Sparky

Yep...you have plenty of room for more machines. Maybe one of those buildings should be a dedicated paint booth?

Mike.........

fourwheels0

not to be a bummer but i'm sorry.... you talked him down from $300? in that condition?.

you have no idea how lucky you are.

around here that's a $500 tractor all day long if not more.

Kevbo

Yep...you have plenty of room for more machines. Maybe one of those buildings should be a dedicated paint booth?

Mike.........

That is exactly what my father-in-law recommended! I think I will conver the second shed...the one smack up against the first "stable" :handgestures-thumbupright:

*convert

speedyleedy

Great deal on the tractor & neat horse barn too !

whc160

:text-coolphotos: of the :wh: & the sheds. You got yourself a good deal on that :wh: .

Wheel-N-It

I like that Kevin. Heck, I could live in there! :woohoo: