Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

Snow blade

BairleaFarm

Is snow blade the correct term?

I got this blade with my b100 i have it installed on a 73 4speed. Will it even work right? all the functions work it just hits when its in teh up position. Does it llok like I have it hooked up right? I got the rear brackets off ebay and dont know if they are OEM or not.

wh410.jpg

wh411.jpg

wh46.jpg

wh413.jpg

wh43.jpg

wh4.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics but its dark out.

T-Mo

David,

What's it hitting when it's in the up position? Do you have a picture of the lift link area (where the plow frame attaches to the lift)? The rest looks good to me, though I know the angle lever can be turned around depending if you have a hydro or a gear drive.

KyBlue

I think the mounts need to be just a bit lower, and that bailing wire lift hookup has got to go. I used a piece of muffler strap with the holes in it on mine.

Whats it hitting?? The bottom of transaxle??

BairleaFarm

That wire isnt holding anything I had it on there temp. to get it to were I could put a rod on it. The lift rod is off a transmission so I know its not right at all. Its hitting the footrest peg on the right(pto) side.

TT

Pull the rear mounting rod out and move it to the front set of holes.

(The '73 is a short frame tractor.)

The rear hitch is home made and not long enough. (doesn't stick down far enough)

You need to add some spacers between the rear axle housings and the rear hitch.

BairleaFarm

Pull the rear mounting rod out and move it to the front set of holes.

(The '73 is a short frame tractor.)

So that lever should be behind the peg? I thought the b100s were short framed as well??

T-Mo

Good eye, TT. I was thinking something look different in the rear axle bracket, but wasn't sure what (I know it wasn't OEM, but was thinking at least it was hooked up right). I also saw the forward set of holes, but it didn't register to me about the 73's being short frame tractors. There was some discussion on mtf about what constituted a short frame versus long frame.

The bailing wire - I didn't see it, but then after waiting for my dial-up to load every picture, I must have missed that picture altogether. B)

WheelHorse_of_course

I see you right-hand stirrup is too far out, rather than flush with the frame. Sliding that in should give you the clearance you need.

YOu may need to flip the lever around as someone suggested.

Good thinking to get this tested now rather than later.

Speaking of testing - I am done with the chipper for now, so I guess I need to test out the snow blower today

BairleaFarm

Lets see that chipper.

I dont want to mess with it today so I put the blade on the b100 to get my work done. Ill move the rod and stuff when i get dont working.