Sign in to follow this  
Red Dave

Parts Catalogs

Red Dave

Hi, I`m new to the wheel horse world, a friend gave me a 414-8 model 31-14k801 [ he unfortunatly bought a new cub cadet ] it came with a 1979 rear discharge 42in. deck model 95-42MR02. They are not in great shape as he left them outside most of the time and was a little lacking in the maintanance department. The up side to this is that allmost all of the original parts are still in tack and not molested as with some of antique HD`s I have restored. I am first just trying to make them run and usable. I have all of the original manuals but no parts catalogs and have been using the parts suppliers on line to see how they should be assembled. Do printed parts catalogs exist ? I have had no luck trying to locate a copy, can anyone point to were I might find copys? Thank You.

KATO

First off Welcome to :rs:

We have a manuals section If you look at the links bar near the top of this page,

you may find what your looking for there. Or you could purchase one from TORO at this link

https://homeownersol...ductDetailsPage

There is a links bar part way down the page where it says manuals

Edited by KATO

855ownerJoel

Welcome aboard Dave, I have a 414-8 and downloaded all the manuals and wiring schematics from the manuals section here. Also (didn't check here) Kohler has all their engine manuals online. There are several great links with discussions that will help you in your search. Also feel free to send a PM if you need a picture or info on something.

leeave96

First off Welcome to :rs:

We have a manuals section If you look at the links bar near the top of this page,

you may find what your looking for there. Or you could purchase one from TORO at this link

https://homeownersol...ductDetailsPage

There is a links bar part way down the page where it says manuals

+1

You have a great tractor and will find some wonderful support here.

How about some pics!

Good luck,

Bill

chazm

:text-welcomewave: Dave

tunahead72

:WRS:

According to the model number you gave, your 414-8 is a 1986 model. The Parts & Service Manual for the 300 & 400 series tractors for that year is part no. 810405R1. I didn't see one in our Manuals section, but you might try eBay if you want an actual printed copy. Otherwise, try some of the links already given, you should be able to find a free download somewhere.

Wheel-N-It

Welcome Dave, and :wwp:

Red Dave

First I would like to thank everybody who replied. sorry I have not replyed sooner but I slipped on the ice and fell down the back steps, injuring my back still walking with a cane but getting better!! As soon as I can get out to my workshop I will post some pictures. The horse is partially dissassembled and wating on parts and me. ThankYou.

tunahead72

Sorry to hear about your accident, it's a dangerous time of year out there.

About your post in the Shoutbox, I'm hoping you weren't serious about ice skating on the pool. :ychain:

rexman72

welcome dave

groundhog47

Along with the rest, WELCOME Dave, first I don't work for anybody so don't get kick backs or BROWNIE POINTS, I use this site to find a lot of exploded/illustrated parts views, but there are others http://www.smallenginepartswarehouse.com/. In brands put in toro consumer and go from there. Some views don't exist that I have needed, but great luck with most. Of course you will have to know the modle number which you indicated you have. Generally it gives you three drawings on mowers (some only one). If you have a particular part number you can input on right side and get most all applicable modles that use the part. Think this is in real of what you are wanting with exception of your own manual. Some of our members repro some manuals and like mentioned ebay, good huntin' which ever way you go. And I have a repro manual of RD variety (modles unknown at this post), will try remember checking Wed when get back, give you a holler if applicable.

Any way wish you a speedy "GET BACK TO NORMAL" and hope nothing is permanently damaged!

groundhog47

Say Dave, in manuals>implements and attachments>mowers... page 17 has: Mower Rotary 42in RD 1979 95-42MR02 IPL #810121R1.pdf.

Again if I read correctly what you are needing. Thanks

Wheel-N-It

Sorry to hear about your fall Dave. I fell down some stairs covered with ice when I was 22. I sure would not want to do that now!

Hope you are back in the Wheel Horse Saddle soon!

Red Dave

Thanks for all the welcomes and information !! :razz: Found some good pictures and drawings online but still no printed or pdf copy of a parts catalog. Toro told me they did`nt have any. I am hoping to spend the weekend in my shop working on the 414-8 and will get some pictures up shortly after. Received all the parts that were ordered, that and some wires(something at some time shorted out ) and the Horse might go for a test ride !! :auto-biker: Have had the kohler fired up she clattered pretty loud - valves had .030 clearance, some adjusting, make new caskets for the breather (might slow down the oil leak) and we`ll see if it quiets down. :eusa-think:

Cable

I have several copies of Wheel Horse's "1988 300/400 Series Parts and Service Manual" all NOS and two of them still in factory shrink wrap. This manual includes model number 31-14K803. I can't say what the difference between the 01 that you have and the 03 in the manual.

PM me if you are interested.

Tankman

I too have numerous downloaded manuals.

I like to look at diagrams for bolt sizes, or just to see something. I go to partstree.com. (http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=Toro+Consumer&mn=31-14K803)

I like it when the diagram calls out the bolt sizes, then I'm off to Home "Cheapo", Lowes or my local hardware store. I try to use all SS hardware and, I always use Never-Seez® during reassembly.

tunahead72

I have several copies of Wheel Horse's "1988 300/400 Series Parts and Service Manual" all NOS and two of them still in factory shrink wrap. This manual includes model number 31-14K803. I can't say what the difference between the 01 that you have and the 03 in the manual.

Dave,

This manual will be close, but not exact. Major differences that I can think of right now between your 01 tractor and this 03 is the engine (K321 on yours vs. Magnum M14 on the 03), and (I think) the ignition and charging systems. There's a separate parts list for the engine, may be available from Kohler.

Did you check the link that Gerry (groundhog47) gave you for the mower? How about the Yahoo Wheel Horse group, or mywheelhorse.com?

rmaynard

The sad thing about the Toro parts site and others that use Toro for their database, is that many of the parts diagrams have been eliminated. I used to be able to go to Toro or SEPW, or Pro Parts Direct and pull up parts diagrams for my 701, but they are gone now.

Thank goodness I have most of the manuals in ,pdf format on my computer.

Edited by rmaynard

Red Dave
post-9402-0-69665500-1361323678_thumb.jppost-9402-0-52576600-1361323220_thumb.jppost-9402-0-52576600-1361323220_thumb.jpHave some pictures of the horse under going wrenching, be warned she`s rather stripped !!post-9402-0-05325500-1361322466_thumb.jp:photo 1 (1).JPG]post-9402-0-69665500-1361323678_thumb.jp

post-9402-0-16872000-1361322575_thumb.jp

post-9402-0-91666700-1361322643_thumb.jp