Sign in to follow this  
jay in nc

why i worked 23 hours newyears day!

jay in nc

this is what i bought with my holiday pay! the one on the left is mine, it's a c165-8 speed, the one on the right is wheel-n-it's c125-8speed bought about a month ago. van saw it in cl. and i made the deal & he went and picked it up for me! it runs well ,but smokes, nice 48 in. deck too. check out van's new shirt, T & H creations on e-bay, great products at great prices too. the tractor cost $250. + $25 for gas & a cool shirt, & a garden tractor book. well here are the pictures. thanks van for going to pick it up for me on new years day ! Jay

post-4393-0-31041300-1358039231_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Iggy68

Nice pair of tractors.

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Looks like your long hours were for a good cause. Very nice project!

• Like 1

Gene_S

Nice black hoods! Can't wait to redo my C-125!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

nice black hoods Jay...where is the snow??? :)

• Like 2

boovuc

Why does it look so warm and inviting there? Why isn't your lawn white? Oh, real nice Black Hoods too!

• Like 2

jay in nc
post-4393-0-32352300-1358041211_thumb.jpi couldn't load the rest of the pics. lets try again. this is me. the c165-8 is mine,the c125-8is wheel-n-it's both run great! & only $550 for the pair ! Jay

post-4393-0-00924800-1358041297_thumb.jp

post-4393-0-82963500-1358041586_thumb.jp

post-4393-0-31309200-1358041700_thumb.jp

post-4393-0-88021600-1358041824_thumb.jp

• Like 3

welderman85

nice pair of tractors. and a great use of the over time money

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Yeah, Jay and I have the North Carolina Wheel Horse market cornered. :laughing-rolling: This was a good exercise in teamwork. I find 'em, he buys 'em, I go get 'em, and I get a new shirt and a reallyreally nice hardback book on Lawn and Garden Tractors! Thank you Jay! :text-thankyoublue:

Yep, I have made a good friend thanks to RedSquare. Even though Jay and I both live in North Carolina, we probably would have never met without being members here. I am very much looking forward to helping Jay spend more of his money buying Wheel Horses in 2013 :handgestures-thumbup: Oh BTW, our afternoon temps were in the low 70's with Sunny skies. Gonna be slightly warmer tomorrow, high 77 and Sunny. I"ll probably be on the 417 mowing, and wearing a tank top :)

• Like 1

roscoemi

Chop and I will be plowing tonights snow. Which is better? :text-offtopic:

• Like 1

ray

Met some good friends because of Wheel Horse tractors. Ha Ha we had 64 degree temperatures in Indiana today, gonna be in the 30's tomorrow, probably be plowing snow again soon.

• Like 1

Ken B

Thats a nice score right there. The friends we make because of these little red tractors is pretty amazing!

• Like 1

6wheeler

Nice tractors. We do meet good people on here (must be the tractors). I have had some great dealings with Operator, rydogg and Kelly. All good people. Our high here yesterday was 40 degrees at midnight Friday night and dropped like a rock to 3 degrees last night. High of 9 degrees today. I think I 'll split wood but, I think I will have a little more than a tank top on. :teasing-poke: :teasing-neener:

• Like 1

boovuc

" Oh BTW, our afternoon temps were in the low 70's with Sunny skies. Gonna be slightly warmer tomorrow, high 77 and Sunny. I"ll probably be on the 417 mowing, and wearing a tank top" :)

Reading this right after I shook the fire down, emptied the ashes, loaded the hopper with more coal and filled my coal buckets. I was wearing a tank top too but I'm inside!

Oh and you do meet some really nice folks here. Sharing knowledge and stories were the biggest resources I had in working on these machines with others on this site. And I do love those Black Hoods! My C-175 may get an Onan P220 one of these days. I still have one sitting on my bench.

• Like 2

Coadster32

Nice blackies there. I agree...T&H does put out some pretty neat looking stuff. Nice people to work with as well.

• Like 1

Iggy68

Van the weather has been real rough on us this weekend here in the Carolina's. I was outside this morning around 8, had to take my sweatshirt off, it was too warm! Just plain miserable.

• Like 1

squonk

post-4393-0-32352300-1358041211_thumb.jpi couldn't load the rest of the pics. lets try again. this is me. the c165-8 is mine,the c125-8is wheel-n-it's both run great! & only $550 for the pair ! Jay

$550 FOR THE PAIR!!!! EVERYONE AROUND HERE WANT'S AT LEAST THAT FOR 1!!! "OH YEAH IT'S GOING TO NEED A BATTERY" :banghead: Nice black sheep by the way! :thumbs:
  • Like 3

rexman72

most things in the northeast are expensive compared to other parts of the country

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Jay, if you remember, I got to meet you at the Big Show last summer. I knew that was not you in the first picture. :) Good to see a picture of you posted later. I take it that is Wheel-n-It in the first pic? :)

IN THIS CORNER, WEIGHING IN WITH 2 BLACK HOODS FROM NORTH CAROLINA, THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE SOUTH EAST WHEEL HORSE WORLD. :woohoo: :woohoo: :bow-blue:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

squonk

IN THIS CORNER, WEIGHING IN WITH 2 BLACK HOODS FROM NORTH CAROLINA, THE TAG REAM CHAMPIONS OF THE SOUTH EAST WHEEL HORSE WORLD. :woohoo: :woohoo: :bow-blue:

And they will meet in the Special Handicap match, From parts unknown, weight unknown wearing an 857 and a Raider 10,

THE MASKED DINOSAUR!!! :) :ychain:

:bow-blue:

:kbutt: :banana-dreads:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

stevasaurus
TURTLES.jpg
  • Like 2

Whmaverick

i really like the look of the black hoods. They look brutely. My C-175 is my main worker still has the original KT 17 in it although it did just start puffing smoke on start up, watching the oil level and hoping to keep the old girl purin. Nice pair you guys scored their and a great price that's what I paid for C-175 ten years ago. Way to go!

• Like 1

jay in nc

well with the freezing rain & sleet today i was in the shop cleaning up & the c165 started talking to me. so i took off the hood, engine shrouds & head. the bore measures 3.74 . it has a standard piston but also a little ring ridge. so this one will get a .10 oversize bore . i can wiggle the piston in the bore. i hope the crank is good. . does anyone have a 16 hp air cleaner hat they want to get rid of? having run without the air cleaner prob. took out the rings. the shroud has some stress cracks where the coil bolts to it but all the k341s i've had are the same way. v them out weld them up& add a reinforcement plate on the inside. Jay

• Like 2

jay in nc

today i took the engine apart the rest of the way, pulled the backing plate &crankshaft. one of the ballance gears felt a little loose so i removed them both. the loose one a needle fell out of it so following the advice of other members they will not be going back in. the crank looks great & measured right so it doesn't need turned. next friday ill take it to the machine shop to have a valve job, guides, & hone it to .10 oversize. then put everything back together. these blackhoods are growing on me!

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

these blackhoods are growing on me!

I know what you mean Jay. I spent a little time in the garage changing the oil (again) on my C-125. Once the new oil was in the crankcase I went to work tuning the carb. That old K-301 runs super smooth. I have become a BigBig fan of Black Hoods since bringing one home. I don't need another one but sure would like to have two :woohoo: