Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Question on fenders????

TT

Corrugated steel pipe would look better than the original Tupperware fender. :lol:

A closer match on the colors:

post-33-0-36238900-1357786991_thumb.png

I like the flat-top fenders a lot! :handgestures-thumbup:

Kelly

Kinda the look my son was talking about, we have a neighbor that has a few tractors like these.

these are all 656 Internationals

post-85-0-18451800-1357787370.jpg

post-85-0-84505100-1357787427.jpg

post-85-0-85495600-1357787439.jpg

Terry we must have been posting at the same time :rolleyes:

But your pic is better than mine, that isa tough looking tractor B)

roscoemi

I would say make them a bit wider over the tire and lift them up higher, extend the drop down to the tire, then lay the back of the footrest back a little bit and lengthen to meet the fender with a verticle flat area to mount led lights. As for the gas tank, weld up your own to size with the shape and clearance needed built in.

clintonnut

Kelly, that really sets it off! I bought a pair of those from you for my 953. They make it look like a TRACTOR!!!!! I think you should turn them around and put a small clear light in the flat face that the original tail light mounted to. Leave the back side open on the fenders. I need to make my own foot boards. I don't like the ones I have. They just don't flow with the look.

Here's how they look on my 953 puller:

08BF60E2-8AF9-4D1D-9C43-342611CC0299-4429-00000585844174EC.jpg

ca667d75.jpg

HPIM3319.jpg

Charlie

baerpath

I'd like to see what they look like on the tractor, the complete fender, all the way down to the axle mount. To give them a more closed look like a tractor fender

these are the ones used on my diesel Based on GT14 fenders

post-121-0-66532200-1357787211_thumb.jpg

puddlejumper

kelly, Hard to tell from the pictures but looks like you could widen them fenders out more over the tires, maybe with a plate under the seat full width to help mount and support them from, then run your floorboards up and to the inside of the fenders. I know that may get a little wide. but it should be easy access on and off. And I like the seat height well above the fenders, these newer sub compact tractors where you actually sit down between the fenders will burn you up in the summer.

fourwheels0

maybe something like these off a simplicity 4041.

i like the single big light.

DSCN4561.jpg

• Like 1

kpinnc

Very good look Kelly, especially with those rear tires! :handgestures-thumbup:

JackC

The GT14 fenders look way too small especially with those huge tires on the back. Need something larger. Maybe a D series look including the metal fuel tank and the larger and wider foot rests or have some fenders custom made that are larger?

A D back end and a C front end? It would be a Wheel Horse DC-195D.

Maybe cut and modify a 400/500 series fender to widen it out to the correct scale.

Martin

kelly, i think you are on the right track with the gt14 style fenders with lights in the ends of them. just dont think there is enough width there though with the gt 14 fenders. your wheel/tire combination sticks out a long way and i just feel that a couple inches added to the width would look a little better. i think the style and shape of them match the hood great though.

you know, i was wondering if you were going to turf that plastic fender on this one, love the big tires but that horrible plastic fender just doesnt look right with them. pity you can't use a normal steel one but for the 3 point on the back, i guess you cant have your 3 point and eat it too......

855ownerJoel

I really like that look. What about putting a triangle piece of steel above the footrest with the angle moving towards the tractor as a more easy ending of the top of the footrest than just the flat top on it now. Really gives it a tractor look!

jusjeepn

Borrowed from another sight

donwheelhorseexhaust.jpg

Kelly

I took some ideas and ran with them, I tried a set of C fenders, I like it, but I would have to do a lot of cutting to make them bigger, wider by at least 2" each side, longer by about 6" I figure 3 sets of fenders to cut up.

post-85-0-18383100-1357858453_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-10300500-1357858574_thumb.jpg

I went out back and pulled the front part of the fenders off a GT14 (I'm glad it's not normal Jan. temps out, it was near 50 today) I raised the fender some to fit the front part in, I didn't like it at first, but I think I'm going to keep them this high.

post-85-0-13750300-1357858631_thumb.jpg

Then I put a piece of sheet metal on the footrest to see if I could tie it in with the front of the fender.

post-85-0-94317000-1357858749_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-22108900-1357858808_thumb.jpg

I'm 99% sure I'm going this way with the fenders, so with that said if you want to follow and make welcome comments go here

• Like 2

TT

....and you still have a place for custom auxiliary headlights! B)

post-33-0-16738700-1357863158.png

• Like 1

posifour11

Now, i really like that!

marreque

That look bada$$ with the light!!

Iggy68

That is it Kelly! A little stretch here and there and it looks like you have what you are after. Can't wait to see some progress on those.