Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Question on fenders????

Kelly

Ok I'm posting this here to catch more eyes, I'm working on my Diesel C-195 and the other day I had a belt guard laying on the rear tire I was getting ready to box and ship and my oldest son Nick said I like it Dad, you need to build fenders like a big tractor, and get rid of the plastic fenders, well he was right even though it was a belt guard it kinda looked like a fender, well tonight I was out gathering parts up to ship and grabbed a pair of fenders I had off a GT14, and brought them back to the shop, I stuck them on with a pair of vice grips and some stuff to support them, I'm not going to say what I think, but I want your honest opinion tell me if you do or don't like it.

Things I will need to address are, Building mounts looks to be pretty easy, I need to figure a way to make the footrest look like they belong there and not stop on top square, my son also said to mount a pair of small lights in the ends of the fenders like some of the big Farmalls, well these fenders would be easy to do that to, but again how would I tie the fenders and footrest together so they don't look out of place, I will not be able to use the stock fuel tank, but I have a small fuel tank I've been using to run the engine, I sat it on some old Tupperware to see how it looked, I would need a bigger version of that to look right in my eyes, and be up a bit higher to clear the 3 point, but a plus is the tail lights are already mounted in the fenders.

Here are a few pics to get the idea, let me know what you think good or bad, and any ideas on how to over come the few issues I would be facing if I do go on with installing them, oh and it will have a high back seat with arm rest.

post-85-0-65879200-1357777602_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-12773200-1357777677_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-03083200-1357777786_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-64012700-1357777836_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-24928400-1357777928_thumb.jpg

And if you have no idea what the tractor is I'm talking about you can view it here.

welderman85

i like it. it looks good

kthack657

I like it, the other thing that may look cool would be some rounded fenders...just my opinion....

Lars

Could be an awesome look on that..

humm i might have an idea.. but i would love to get a pict from the side ... not at an angle straight on...

what about to extend them slightly forward etc etc..

Kelly

I have a set of fenders in the shop off my Farmall H they are the rounded clam shell style, but both me and my son thought the hood is to new looking for the olders style fenders, so IF I do it the fenders will have to be close to this to fit the look of the whole tractor, but thanks.

illinilefttackle

Kelly-I like the idea-but to GT-14 fenders just dont fit-IMO- What about taking a metal fender set-up like the plastic one on it now, and slitting it in the middle, slide the halves apart, then blend in the foot rests and rear opening-just brain storming here?-Al

Jake Kuhn

I like the look kelly! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Don1977

I like that, just need something between foot boards and fenders. An old style two piece seat with the slots on the back would look good on there.

Kelly

This is the best I can do for a full side shot, with out putting it outside, and right now it's dark and cold out, so if you need better it will have to wait till the weekend.

post-85-0-34032500-1357780962_thumb.jpg

posifour11

It does look pretty neat.

Jake Kuhn

What about a set of d series fenders?

Lars

ok Thanks kelly

Iggy68

I like the open look on both sides of the tire. I am assuming that is the look you are after. How about cutting the top of the footrest off. Leave a couple of inches from the bend. Run some round bar underneath the footrests in the back for support. You could add a tab to the round bar to bolt it to each frame rail.

Kelly

Don you mean like this seat?? I have a set of arm rest in the barn but didn't want to walk out there.

I don't have any D fenders here right now, these are what I had on hand.

post-85-0-58603200-1357781426_thumb.jpg

gcole

That looks really good. You would have that full size tractor look for sure

jdog_kustoms

if u use d fenders u could use the floorboards also i got a set on my junk trailer you want them kelly pay shipping and they are yours

Kelly

Iggy, the open tire is a nice look but I also don't want my feet getting in the bars on the tire, I think it would rip me off the tractor, all tractors 78 up have a support bar going under theresr of the footrest so it is supported ok as is, jutst not sure what to do with the big open spot between the footrest and fender??

J-Dog let me think about it and look at some pics of D's................................ tractors that is.

octfst

I like it. You should just add ext. from the fenders to the food rest with same bends that are in the fender

KC9KAS

I think the GT-14 fenders look better here...

GT142.jpg

refracman

Kelly, try mounting the gt14 plate thet goes from the footrest to the fender and see how it looks, maybe you can blend it to the stock foot rest?

I have always liked the look of the gt14, sorta partial to them. That plate will also give you a good spot to mount the hydaulics too.

Iggy68

It does look like these

post-2285-0-39816100-1357782895.jpg

post-2285-0-58466600-1357782961_thumb.jp

• Like 1

jay in nc

kelly, friday i will post pictures of my IH 674 tobacco special. it has the look you are going for. lights in the fenders, fuel tank behind seat & between the fenders like my D 160 . i'd do it now but it's dark when i get home. you are on the right track & i like it! Jay

Kelly

Steve I don't have the front parts of the fenders pulled, these where laying on the hood, I may pull them to see what I can do with them. and thanks for the pics of the newer hyd. mount, but I have new lines and I don't think I can move them that far, and with the new fender idea...... well we will see.

Iggy that is the look!!!

Jay that would be great, if you could get a pic or two.

Rock farmer

Those look kinda light and flimsy to me.

I say mock up some thing larger and more substantial with corrugated cardboard.

I'd go longer and wider. And, I'd put more of a skirt on it.

That's my thoughts

Joe

Wheel-N-It

Your son has a good eye for tractor style!

I think it looks great Kelly. Give some thought to recessing headlights in the front of the fenders, like a mid 60's Massey Ferguson 150. I always thought that was a classic design.

Ooops, had to give this an edit. Also same headlight look as the Oliver. Just noticed this. I'll be faster next time.