Sign in to follow this  
illinilefttackle

TOUGH TIMES-ROOKIE QUESTION

illinilefttackle

Hi guys-I feel like a rookie asking this question-but- I must-The people that govern Foster Care/Guardianship for kids, in their infinite wisdom, are making cuts to programs that help kids like these. Instead of bailing out, like a lot of Folks are, I am in it for the duration. This means I have to get my "Ducks in a Row" , things caught up, to weather the storm. I am thinking of selling my 1966- 656. I put a lot of work into it-but I only have 2 Wheel Horses-the other, a C-125 A-is my work horse. The 656 was my mower because of the way the rear discharge deck cuts. The question I need the answer for is a Classic-"whats it worth"?

Comes as you see it, with Deck, factory short block 6hp tecky-timed with a dial gauge, new engine electrics, I installed a new starter on it-have the diode plate but did not put it on. Runs great-strong-no noise-no smoke. New shifter boot, etc. You may remember I got this in boxes, e -tanked, sanded and triple coated the new paint. Tires are decent-tiny dry cracks-slot hitch & handmade rear quick hitch for a snow plow. Much more-it took me a great deal of work to complete it-it is NOT show quality-just a good worker. Here are some pics-

IMG_20120331_174057.jpg

hh60-3-1.jpg

finishedtractor014.jpg

finishedtractor007.jpg

headlights005.jpg

Please give me an idea of its value-Thanks-Al

• Like 1

Sparky

I cant give you a value Al, but I'm sure you know how it goes with these tractors. Its hard to get back what we put into them. That being said, you have a fine looking 656 there and if you and I weren't so far apart I would be headed over for a look-see.

Your dedication to those kids is incredible and says alot about who you are.

Good luck with the sale.

Mike..............

Tim

this money is going to the kids, correct

what about raffling it off?

5-10 per ticket,

i think there are people who go the the WH show in PA near you that could get it there if needed

and maybe someone could bring it there if someone too far from you won it.

this would take alot to coordinate, but it could be done.

i think you may get more than it was worth, especially if it were for kids

• Like 3

JimmyJam

Nice looking tractor! You may find the right person at the right price...or you may not. It's a tough time of year. I like the raffle idea!

855ownerJoel

Great thing you doing for the kids with foster care. As far as price, tough area everyone has their personal value for a specific tractor. If they want or "need" it bad enough they will pay bigger $$$$. I agree with the others that a raffle could really get you more if indicatting that the raffle is for the benefit of kids. (Brings out a soft spot in all of us). Good luck and I hope you get more than you need.

illinilefttackle

Thanks for the replies guys- I knew it wouldn't be easy set a value on it-as for the Raffle-thats a good idea too. I will need to make my mind up here soon-I need to have everything straightened up and set by this time next month.

Maybe I'll just get a killer offer and that will solve it!-Al

illinilefttackle

You know in all these years I've avoided the dreaded "Tecky Curse" until now.......I finally got a bite on my 656 from a guy here in South Bend-wants it primarily to haul a utility trailer around his property full of firewood. Great!......you think......so I go out to check on it-THE TECKY WON'T START! It's got fuel-plug gets wet-spark seems a little puny for a magneto......I really dont want to replace the coil......might look at the points tomorrow, have to pull the flywheel.......Then If I can't get decent spark....GUESS WHAT?.......I swapping back in the TRAILBLAZER 7 engine I had in it when I built it! I know that works! ..........Tomorrow the TECKY GODS better be on the alert!......I'm selling this thing for the boys......one way or the other!----Thanks-Al