Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Need pic of trailer

Kelly

I need a pic of the single place snowmobile/tractor trailer that WH sold, I see in the pic gallery, there is a two place trailer, my local junk yard has a trailer that looks kinda like that, it's a tilt bed, but rounded in front, and has a hand winch mounted up front, it's a little ruff, but fixable.

perry

rounded in the front ?. that might be a allis chalmers trailer ?. ill do some research.

perry

found it. does it look kinda like this one ?.

i know, wrong pic in this area but im just trying to help with this topic.

tow_bee.jpg

Tow Bee Trailer

Handy Allis-Charmers trailer. With 1200 pound payload, this trailer moves your tractor and all its attachments. Ten ft., 10-in. non-slip steel deck and tilt bed lets you load and unload with ease. Standard equipment includes tail lights, wiring, license bracket and hitch. Winch and tongue jack are optional.

Kelly

Very very close to that one Perry, the winch is mounted farther forward, and up higher, touge is straight, also has a spare tire mounted on the buck board right side.

I'm going to get a price today.

perry

take your camera. or just buy the darn thing if its cheap enough. i that a nice size trailer to haul behind a S-10 B) .

:whistle:

perry

Utility Trailer made by The Snow Corp.

trailer.jpg

CasualObserver

Perry, that utility trailer by SnowCo was sold through most of the popular brands of the day JD, Simplicity, AC, and Wheel Horse. I've got the parts list for it somewhere... I'll add it here when I find it.

CasualObserver

Found it... it's the 1968 list, but I doubt it changed much from year to year. Nice find if you can rescue it Kelly. B)

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 396 )

pdf.gif

SnowCo_Utility_Trailer.pdf

bustedglass

Looks like a J/D one that I saw on Weekend Freedom Machine. Probably a SnoW Corp B) .

perry

allright kelly, whats the update on the my ....ummm your trailer B) . did you get a chance to go over there today.

pond195520032003

yes, snowco built them and labeled them for several brands! i would say if its cheap enough to go get it before someone else does! they are kind of hard to find and pricy if you do find one!!

Kelly

That was a while back it was at the local scrap yard, I passed on it as it was very rusty, I mean holes not just bad paint, the frame was bad, I could have had it for $75 it's gone to China now.

Shuboxlover

HOLY S**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad has one of those that i have been using to haul some Wheel Horses home the last couple times. (it hauled my D160 loader tractor home) I'll get some pics of it, it's kinda rough (been used a lot) and modified a bit by my uncle :thumbs::):wh: but it could be put back to original. It has the wench on it even.

Next time I'm over there I'll get some pics.

AMC RULES

Though not exactly the same, but pretty close, if you search ebay for "Wheel Horse trailer" there's been one up for auction for a long while now. Priced kinda steep though. Must be rare? :thumbs:

dodge78

Though not exactly the same, but pretty close, if you search ebay for "Wheel Horse trailer" there's been one up for auction for a long while now. Priced kinda steep though. Must be rare? :thumbs:

I have been eyeballing that also. Even with the mods to it, not neccesarily bad mods, just not Wheelhorse mods, it is a bit much for as often as I would use it.

JimD
WHsnowmobiletrailer.jpg

CasualObserver

The snowmobile trailers like Jim just posted are super rare. The other greenish Snowco trailers are a little more common but they are still hard to find and expensive when you do.

Kelly... rusty or not you probably would have at least doubled your money if you would have brought that one home. Oh well... it just made the rest a little more valuable.

Snowco trailers were available as an Allied Attachment for several years in the 60s (and maybe in the 70s) in the greenish color. After Wheel Horse bought the Sno-Flite line of snowmobiles, they commissioned SnowCo for a run of their own snowmobile trailers, badged with Wheel Horse ID numbers. 9-0501 (single place) and 9-0511 (double place). They're very light weight as far as utility goes. (9-xxxx were the snowmobile part codes)

To date, as far as I know, there have only been three snowmobile trailers found. Two singles and one double. There are pictures in the Implement gallery under the Wagons and Trailers section. You can search for snowmobile on the forum and find some more discussions on them. There are most likely more of them out there, but they're either in the hands of non-collectors who don't know what they have or tucked away in old sheds and barns. (perhaps even with a Wheel Horse snowmobile!)

And that trailer on ebay belongs to a member here. It's been for sale here.

eburwell

I have one of those Snowco trailer's. I have no use for it but I would trade it for a Wheel Horse RJ/ suburban project.

35kmtf8.jpg

24ysa2r.jpg

Shuboxlover

Looks like the Huskers and Kool-Aide aren't the only good things to out of Nebraska!!! :thumbs::wh: :)

Brrly1

Eburwell, where are you located? Thanks See Ya, Bye Burly :thumbs:

eburwell

Canton, Ohio