Sign in to follow this  
HorseWhisperer

How far is too far?

cjtrott

Stop by Erie, PA if you get a chance

Whmaverick

I've went further for less also. But my best deal, "free" was 3 miles. But I guess at this point I'm like squonk, looking for the package deals, and sell what I don't want. But I'd never discourage hunting / gathering , lol that's half the fun, fixin em one quarter, and runin em one quarter. So you see to have all the fun you gotta start with find and get! Did you leave yet?

• Like 1

Lars

Ask Lars in Norway if he had been able to come across the big pond,How far is to far !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i had the cash I would have done it for the big show or just to visit u guys!!!!!

and Btw im looking on a c160 now that i might going to pick up.. not sure yet.. the tractor is in Denmark and that will be around 12 hrs driving one way!!..

• Like 2

leeave96

I think the furthest I have I have driven is from near Roanoke to Chapell Hill to see Van for a 42 inch mowing deck. Worth the drive just to meet-up with Van too!

Bill

Cutlas3391

I'm scrolling through an ad and I discover this,it appears to be a 702-752 ?It appears to have a hy-2 set up and original wh tires and a bad red overspray rattle can paint job.Owner says it needs coil-300 bucks.My dilemma is its a 8 hour roundtrip.I would punch a gorilla to get this semi local and think it's near ridiculous to spend this kinda time traveling..........But.................

I had same interested in the same one about couple months ago offer him $250.00 he seems pretty cool I talked to him. Plus he's been sitting on it for awhile now...

• Like 1

squonk

I think one the biggest things is who does it effect that your gone. If the wife stays home how understanding is she that you head out across state lines for a tractor! :confusion-scratchheadblue: I sold an old Power king snow blade to a guy in Ohio on E bay. My wife thought the guy was nuts. He gets here with his wife and we talk a few min. Both wives are shaking their heads :) My son is in school in Buffalo so she has gone on my last 2 trips that way after tractors. We had some fun one time trying to find a gas station with a bathroom up north of Lockport. We were amazed at all of the porto-potties that were used and the boarded up bathrooms. Not many of them were on level ground either. most of them if you used it, you'd be peeing at an angle! :ROTF:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

hm12460

I drove from Muskegon, MI. to Kokomo, IN. (about 250 miles??) for a Commando 800, then a month later went back for a John Deere 110. I limit myself to 200 miles one way nowadays, unless it's a killer deal or I really got the hots for it.

• Like 1

buckrancher

I drove from central NY to the bottom of IN for a 754

over 1400 miles round trip

Brian

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

I drove from central NY to the bottom of IN for a 754

over 1400 miles round trip

Brian

OMG

HorseWhisperer

I drove to baerpaths the other night but it was after work,200 miles for his 953.Btw,it was barn lookin but fired up with no smoke or rattles!I LOVE them old big blocks!

dcrage

Ahhh....I guess I don't "quailify" as a serious Wheel Horse person yet -- I went 20 (1-way) miles to buy my 310-8; 15 miles to buy the 418-A, and (the big one) 50 miles to buy my tiller

WH-PWR

I'm not sure if anyone commented on the electrical switch or wiring that can be seen on the side of the dash. That would be the key switch and the start-button. They both are relocated to make room for the HY-2 stet-up. The whole tractor looks real good to me.

• Like 1

squonk

The longest I've gone is 260 mi one way. but that was from home to Arendtsville to the show 3 years ago. It was my first time and I was planning on bringing a roundhood back come hell or high water! :)

IMG_0227.jpg

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

The longest I've gone is 260 mi one way. but that was from home to Arendtsville to the show 3 years ago. It was my first time and I was planning on bringing a roundhood back come hell or high water! :)

IMG_0227.jpg

Is that the lil red roundhood that followed you home? Edited by commandomayo

squonk

Yes and he's going back in June to be in the parade. :)

• Like 2