Sign in to follow this  
glgrumpy

Lectric wheelhorse on epay

glgrumpy

Not sure if an ebay forum for listings here. There is an electric rider there now for $399. Just a rider, not a tractor, no seat on it. Didn't know WH even made electrics!

octfst

GE design Wheel Horse bought them in 1974

ray

Yeah I saw what looked like a D series for around that price too. The thing is that the batteries are expensive, and usually the acid leaks and eats away the sheet metal Might be cool to own one, has to be a big hit at tractor and garden shows. I wonder how many of these hybrids will have the same problem ten years from now.

VinsRJ

FYI: Forum rules are to not discuss Ebay or Craigslists ads.

Be prepared this post maybe locked or taken down by an Admin.

Edited by VinsRJ

Wheelhorse84

I thought you just couldn't post link to ads?

groundhog47

I thought you just couldn't post link to ads?

You are correct>>>FROM Rules:eBay and Craigslist:

"Links to eBay auctions or Craigslist are limited to your own items. Do not post links to outside sales of any items unless you are the owner of that item."

Vin, please don't think me disrespectful, I know basically you're just being helpful!

VinsRJ

No offence, the price was mentioned and where the ad was located... the actual link was not... kind of treading a fine line IMO...

I was only mentioning it because an Admin may see it the same way and close the post. I have no authorty here and don't care. I just didn't want someone to posting the classic responce of where is my thread or where is my post?

Edited by VinsRJ

nylyon

So in essence, this does go against the reason for the rule and here's why:

Wether eBay or Craigslist, there are hundreds of members watching every day for "deals". On more than one occasion, a transaction between a member and the seller was sabotaged (either intentionally or unintentionally) due to the listing being made public here. Sometimes members are just trying to be "helpful" to the seller by informing them that their lever steer is quite rare and worth more than the price they are asking, not knowing that a sale was already pending (true story!) Or in the case of eBay, a member can have a bid on an item, but when it becomes "advertised" here, the bidding escalates. It has even happened to me here as well.

What doesn't go against the spirit (but still against the rules) is when someone is looking for blinker fluid and is directed to an eBay listing.

These activities have caused issues on the forum in the past which is the reason for the rule. Rest assured, if someone was looking for an Electric Horse, they already knew it was on eBay and likely had a bid on it.