Sign in to follow this  
Typhke

Hi all!

Typhke

Hi all,

I'm Typhke, another member from Belgium :). Born in 1991 so 21 years old. We used to own a Wheel Horse, bought around the 90s. Don't know for sure which model it was but it had 5 gears next to the steering wheel. I think it was a 212-5 with a Kawasaki engine. We used it for mowing and also to pull our trailer around the garden (moving wood, clearing the mess when pruning the hedges, etc.). It was a great machine and pulled everything with little trouble, pulled A LOT of wood with the trailer throughout the years.

Sadly, we had it sold when my parents got divorced a couple of years ago. There was a problem with the 3rd gear (it didn't ran smoothly, lost a tooth from a gearing wheel I think) and a wheel needed to be repaired (but the wheel wouldn't go off, rusted to the axle?). So my mum just sold it because she couldn't drive it anyway. I liked to repair it but didn't had the right equipment to work on it.

We're a few years later now and I'm looking around to get one myself. It would mostly be used for pulling a trailer around the house with wood (I get wood delivered in front of the house and transport it to the back with a trailer). It's a little uphill but nothing serious. There is another lawn mower (not a tractor but a small one) to do the mowing. So I would appreciate some advice about what type would be best for it. But I guess that's a question for the 'Wheel Horse Tractors' part, so I'll post it there.

Regards, Typhke

JimmyJam

:text-welcomewave: to Redsquare! Certainly most Wheel Horse tractors can pull a trailer of wood. Good Luck in your search and keep us posted on any updates!

Sparky

:WRS:

Mike..........

wh1257

welcome to redsqaure one question from where are you in belguim

greetings vincent

Typhke

Thanks all! Wh1257, I've sent you a pm ;)

C-121uk

hi, welcome

Ewan

Stormin

'Ow do and welcome. :greetings-waveyellow:

Bobie01

:WRS: look on www.2ememain.be there was a lots of wild horses ,not cheap but a good place to find one.Oh there is also a Membre Map if you want.

Jeff from Luxembourg!!

Typhke

Thanks!

Yes Jeff, I've already made contact with a few guys from 2ememain.be! :)

WH Raider10

Hello,

Good to have another Belgian wheel horse enthousiast! I'm also from Belgium. I just sold my 312-8 last week, if I had know... :)

It's getting difficult to find one cheap over here, people ask way to much for them I think. Good luck finding one! Look for one with a 8 speed tranny, good for pulling.

Groeten,

Pieter-Jan

meadowfield

welcome, have fun!

Typhke

Thanks!

@ WH Raider 10: Too bad! I should have made an account earlier then! Yes idd, the prices are pretty steep in Belgium but they aren't that common over here I think. Tbh, I didn't know they were that famous until a month ago, when I decided to start looking for one because I loved our old Wheel Horse and it did a great job.

Bobie01

All the Horses wiht briggs aren t that expensiv but for for pulling they are to small .

Like WH raider10 says 8 Speed and at least 10HP

and look to got some attacments with

Lars

:text-welcomeconfetti: to Redsquare..

Anglo Traction

Hi Typhke :WRS: Always good to see another member here, especially of younger years.Shame these Tractors command high prices in Belgium. ..May be cheaper to find one in UK and take it back (if you can find a good one)....anyway, enjoy.!!.

pmackellow

Welcome Typhke, good luck with your search for a new Horse !!

Typhke

Hi Typhke :WRS: Always good to see another member here, especially of younger years.Shame these Tractors command high prices in Belgium. ..May be cheaper to find one in UK and take it back (if you can find a good one)....anyway, enjoy.!!.

That would be also pretty expensive, I think. Don't know how easy to find they are in the UK though. But I think I'll find a good one over here for a reasonable price, if I keep an eye out for them on the right websites. I just started my search, I just need some time to spot a cheapie :).

Typhke

Btw, our Wheel Horse (212-5 I think) use to have a weight sensor under the seat so if the person driving wasn't heavy enough, he could not start the mower. Is that a common thing or model specific? My dad placed a little metal plate over it when I was still a little kid, so I could mow the grass. I remember that I had to stand up to push the clutch, but I was too late once and I almost drove against the house :banghead: , got stuck in the hedge a meter from the house. :woohoo:

Anglo Traction

Btw, our Wheel Horse (212-5 I think) use to have a weight sensor under the seat so if the person driving wasn't heavy enough, he could not start the mower. Is that a common thing or model specific?

Seat Switches were a standard fitment after a certain date (late 70's in Europe I think) . Pressure sensitive, Often people Bypassed them as your Father did.

I prefer the WHs that have no Safety Control Switches (but I will keep them on if fitted). I believe they were introduced in the U.S. to mitigate Liability Claims. They did not fit them initially on the Belgium built models, until about 1973-74.

Regards.

rexman72

welcome to RS

Stigian

A slightly late welcome to RedSquare :handgestures-thumbup:

VinsRJ

Welcome to RS!