smoreau

Custom heavy duty 2" hitch build #4

smoreau

That should be a standard sunstrand rear end, and The hitch fits that just fine. I have sold the last hitch, but I got 3 more requests for hitches over the last 24 hours, so i will order more tubes and material to build some more next week end and they can ship out around the first of the month.

Machria

That looks awesome. Hurry up and get mine out Scott! :)

• Like 1

Aussie

I received my hitch yesterday Scott.

Thank you very much. I will put up a photo when I get it painted and mounted up.

smoreau

Thanks for the great comments again guys!!

I have not been able to get all the work I wanted to get done on the hitches that I wanted to do as i have had some family issues that have come up and will probably take up a lot of my free time for the next few weeks. 

I do plan on building all the hitches ordered this Sat. and will get them painted and shipped asap. If we have time to build a few extra, we will. 

Thanks again and I will do my best to get them out to you guys as soon as I can

Rick_in_CT

I just installed the hitch I got from Scott on my 522xi.  It fits great, super heavy duty.  Can't wait to try moving my trailer around with it, but have to wait for the snow to go down.

Scott, great job by you and your associates, thanks for solving a problem that I have had for years.

post-8836-0-70972700-1361631382_thumb.jp

post-8836-0-84643800-1361631383_thumb.jp

post-8836-0-96087000-1361631384_thumb.jp

bk-scouter

Looks great on the xi.

-BK

Machria

Ok, now your just Toro'ing, I mean toying with me! ;)

smoreau

Thanks for the great comments guys again! I have been under the weather for the last few days, but I will get the last 3 hitches out Mon or Tue. I have 4 standard hitches with no homes yet if any one interested.

Machria

Wait until you guys see what Scott is cooking up for me and my GT14!  Your going to all want one.  ;)

Rick_in_CT

Ok, you got my attention, I'm listening

Machria

Going to have to wait for the big reveal/unvailing in a few weeks!   :)

DoctorHfuhruhurr

May I ask where you purchased your changes?  (and/or the brand & size)  They looks really sharp and well fitted.  Thanks!

I just installed the hitch I got from Scott on my 522xi.  It fits great, super heavy duty.  Can't wait to try moving my trailer around with it, but have to wait for the snow to go down.

Scott, great job by you and your associates, thanks for solving a problem that I have had for years.

Rick_in_CT

Doc,  The chains are from Miller Tire.  millertire.com.  If you go to their web site, in the search box type 5307G, these are the chains that I purchased.  The two link chains offer a real smooth ride, I don't even feel the chains under me.  With the four link version, it was always going thump, thump, thump.  The chains are made by Laclede Chain Mfg, their web site is lacledechain.com.  You can learn quite about chain on their web site, American made chain.  The new chains have seen plenty of use here this winter, had to clean up a foot of heavy wet stuff today, and 38" a couple of weeks ago.  Miller also sells on ebay.  Good Luck.

smoreau

Still have 4 hitches with no homes yet, going to put one on evil bay, but the charges and fee's are making me dread the thought. but I guess I will do it any way just to see what happens.

Machria

Who had weights hanging off of Scotts trailer hitch?    PICS???   Post some pics of weights!!  How do I do it?

smoreau

Well we did ok with Ebay and got about $132 after all the fees for 2 hitches. Not great, but ok. We didn't loose out so I sold one to the second best bidder and the last hitch that I had was sold today. Sooooo  this will be the end of hitch build 4 :sad:  I am out of most of my stock from paint and steel to receiver tubes. So I am going to wait tell I get enough demand for more before I order $600+ in stock to make more. Its just too costly to have that much $ hanging out there not making any $ coming in Tom and I made 30 hitches this round and 1 mess up on a failed tiller hitch idea. I do have 1 tube that I am saving and enough stock for me to start working on the easy to remove tiller hitch. I should be working on this one as soon as the weather brakes and it gets warmer in the bigger part of the shop. If you are interested in a hitch, send me a PM. I need to have at least 5 in demand to buy the stock, It will be enough stock for way more then 5, but its a lot cheaper to buy full lengths of steel and cheaper to buy the other items in bulk for shipping purposes. That helps in keeping the price down on the hitches.

I have a lot of work to do to my new to me s10 I picked up last month, Head gasket and NEW cylinder head. The one on the truck developed a external leak next to one of the center head bolts and is most likely cracked. Also I need to replace the torque convertor do to a TCC slippage at expressway speeds. Still have less then $2200 into the truck and value is over $4000, So I'm still good on it.  It's a lot nicer to drive then the old horse hauler!

Thank you for every one that has bought a hitch so far and we might start another build soon, Its up to you guys to let me know if you want more.

Machria

When will you reveal the "Machria" special? ;)

smoreau

I'm going to let you reveal this one. You came up with this idea, and it should look great on your tractor, so you will need to show it off after you get it mounted up. I made it and cant weight to see it on your tractor :handgestures-thumbupright:

ThreeHorses
Weight bracket for Heavy Hitch, joint project by my son "Workin_Horses" and me.

dbartlett1958

Nice work.  That ought to hold the back end down!

Machria

Scott,

Got my custom, customized hitch and it looks SWEEEEEEET!    I'll post up some picks when I get it all installed in the next few days!

Rick_in_CT

I tested out my new hitch from Scott today.  Picked up eight bundles of roofing shingles in the trailer at Home Depot, unhooked the trailer from the van, hooked it up to the tractor and delivered the shingles alongside the shed. The other horse was getting jealous so we gave it a ride.  Showed the "tech shop" teacher next door the hitch, and his comment was "it looks factory".  This was from a guy who was in the process of installing a mahagony steering wheel in his classic car as I pulled up.  Kudos to Scott, its functional and looks great too. 

Happy Easter All.

Rick

post-8836-0-82170300-1364594982_thumb.jp

post-8836-0-59945300-1364594983_thumb.jp

post-8836-0-50458900-1364594984_thumb.jp

Machria

Here ya go boy's! A "Custom" custom hitch! I had scot add a mounting plate for a 2000lb winch (Superwinch 2000LT). Came out absolutely awesome, and works great, very functional. I can now use a 2" hitch receiver or any other 2" receiver attachment, I can use the winch to pull wood trees and logs out of the woods, and I still also can use the garden hitch below to pull a tractor cart....

Looks and fits factory made. Scott was a pleasure to work with.

post-9546-0-69048300-1364743914_thumb.jp

post-9546-0-08438800-1364744037_thumb.jp

• Like 1