smoreau

Custom heavy duty 2" hitch build #4

JamesBe1

Here ya go boy's! A "Custom" custom hitch! I had scot add a mounting plate for a 2000lb winch (Superwinch 2000LT). Came out absolutely awesome, and works great, very functional. I can now use a 2" hitch receiver or any other 2" receiver attachment, I can use the winch to pull wood trees and logs out of the woods, and I still also can use the garden hitch below to pull a tractor cart....

Looks and fits factory made. Scott was a pleasure to work with.

Now that's outstanding!

Scott, if you are making any more of them, I might be interested.

Machria

He said he would save the dimensions so he could duplicate it....   I had dropped shipped the winch to him, so he could make sure it fit and let me tell you, it fits PERFECT.  Used it yesterday to pull a huge 25" tree about 15' long out of the woods.  I could not get the tractor all the way to it, and the tree was surrounded in heavy brush I didn't want to spend all day clearing just to get the log out.  So I wrapped a rope around the log, connected the winch and winched it right out of the woods.  That one tree was worth the entire project cost! 

Machria

A few more pics for you, unfinished, painted, installed without the winch, then completed:

PS- Got the winch at NorthernTool.com on sale/clearance for $54 (fifty four).  Killer deal.

post-9546-0-84748800-1364834718_thumb.jp

post-9546-0-49537700-1364834731_thumb.jp

post-9546-0-25921000-1364834737.jpg

post-9546-0-89174500-1364834741_thumb.jp

post-9546-0-07413600-1364834801_thumb.jp

post-9546-0-79692000-1364834805_thumb.jp

post-9546-0-16502700-1364834811_thumb.jp

• Like 2

posifour11

I just got mine today. Can't figure which one to put it on yet.

Scrumpy

Machria,

Now you need to make a part to go into the receiver that will reverse the cable on a large pulley with guides to reverse the line out the front of the tractor for pulling from either end.

Forest Road

I finally got around to installing my hitch on the 314h. Well done Scott! I couldn't be happier with it! It fits like a factory accessory!

Now I'm contemplating one for my 522xi loader. I really like the winch hitch. But I also need to incorporate a weight box or rack.

Machria

I finally got around to installing my hitch on the 314h. Well done Scott! I couldn't be happier with it! It fits like a factory accessory!

Now I'm contemplating one for my 522xi loader. I really like the winch hitch. But I also need to incorporate a weight box or rack.

Make a wieght box and/or rack on a hitch bar!  I want to have small box (like a milk crate or a bit larger) made on a 2" hitch bar.  Just slide the bar (with crate) in and whallah, you have a nice tool crate to put the tools/chainsaw and gas can in... on the way into the woods....

Actually, hey Scott, why don't you design and make some "Custom 2" Hitch bar accessories"?    Make a Hitch bar crate, a hitch bar weight box....          Bet you would sell a bunch of them.

JamesBe1

Adding to tool box would be a handy idea.  Just my two cents.

Forest Road

Make a wieght box and/or rack on a hitch bar!  I want to have small box (like a milk crate or a bit larger) made on a 2" hitch bar.  Just slide the bar (with crate) in and whallah, you have a nice tool crate to put the tools/chainsaw and gas can in... on the way into the woods....

Actually, hey Scott, why don't you design and make some "Custom 2" Hitch bar accessories"?    Make a Hitch bar crate, a hitch bar weight box....          Bet you would sell a bunch of them.

I've already given that some thought. Right now I have the factory ballast box on there now. Gotta replenish the WH fund and have Scott build the hitch. I've got a pretty wild ballast/tool box in mind.

posifour11

Here's mine. Thanks again Scott.

My tractor looks like junk with a fancy new piece on it. ;)

IMG_20130405_183622_142.jpg

Machria

Machria,

Now you need to make a part to go into the receiver that will reverse the cable on a large pulley with guides to reverse the line out the front of the tractor for pulling from either end.

That's a great idea, and easy to do really.     One thing I have found with the winch is, you can't pull much weight because it pulls the tractor instead of the object!   ;)  You have to put the tractor in gear very slowly to hold it in place, as you crank in the winch....

Forest Road

Posted Image

Scotty was this hitch for an Xi ?

js82181p

Hi Scott,

Mark me down for one as part of your next build!  I've got an 85 416-8.

Thanks!

Jimmy

robert pelton

am insterested in the regular hithch, 120$ i have a c141 1979 automatic wheel horse, im in channahon illinois e mail me with total cosst including shipping/taxes etc.

thank you

zip code is 60410

rpelton51140@att.net

Stormin

Machria,

That's a great idea, and easy to do really.     One thing I have found with the winch is, you can't pull much weight because it pulls the tractor instead of the object!   ;)  You have to put the tractor in gear very slowly to hold it in place, as you crank in the winch....

Chock the wheels or use a ground anchor. :thumbs:

TheMooseIsLoose

I am interested in buying one of these for my Wheelhorse 516 Hydro. Are you still making these?

smoreau

I have to add a note to this post,

I have taken a new job with Great benefits and higher wage, The down fall is that I work 6-7 days a week and during the summer it is 7 days at 10-12 hour days,  This will not leave me enough time to build hitches for a while,  I have gotten several requests for hitches lately and I just don't have the time to make them at this time.  They tell me it slows down a little in JAN-FEB to around 50 hours a week, but I have too many things at this time to make them.  I will let everyone know when I get the chance to build them again.

robert pelton

i have a c141 automatic and would like a hitch, i live in channahon illinois 60410, phone 8154672851, would like to know full price with cost for shipping. or send me via e mail your phone no. and i will call you my e mail is    rpelton51140@att.net.

SPINJIM

Congratulations on the new job.   Putting bread on the table is more important than hobbies, but remember what they say about all work and no play.

Please put me down for one of the standard hitches when you have time.  It's worth waiting for if you can't get to it until work slows down this winter.  I'll probably put it on a C-120.  

Nice work.

Jim

Forest Road

Congratulations on the gig! If you ever find the time to do another build certainly let me know. Family and work come first!!!

Timo1212

I have a 416 Hydro and I would really like to get a hitch for it.  Do you still make them?  Have any available?

rjbaldwin51

I am very interested in your hitch.  I have 1995 520H I have restored to new condition. I have attachments that would work well with the standard hitch.  You mentioned that you would like to talk with each person, so how would be  the best way to do that?  How do you like payments to be made. My zip is 99224.

Thanks

Bob