smoreau

Custom heavy duty 2" hitch build #4

smoreau

Well it's a while sense I built any of these hitches and I have had a steady flow of PM's from you guys wanting some more hitches. I have been very busy this last year as my parents have been going through a lot, Spending half of my free time over there helping them out and know I have to move my brother and his family over to my parents so he can help take care of them.

So Tom and I will be doing another build of our hitches. The price has gone up as our cost has gone up for the steel. There will be two different hitches for the main product this time. first will be the good old sturdy classic and the second will be a shorter version that will be able to fit a tiller with leaving the hitch on. I have had a lot of you asking for this and I think I can do it for just a little extra in the cost of the hitch. I will drill a new hole for the pin close to the flared end of the receiver, and cut the other end off so it can be mounted up tighter to the rear axle. I will test this hitch as I do have a tiller know and I can check the fit after the first one is built. I did missplace the dimensions for the for the XI hitch I built for Burrly1 and Shallowwatersailer. I have access to a 520xi at my local dealer that I have been keeping a eye on and will get the dimensions that I need this weekend. The paint will unfortunately be changed to Regal Red as my favorite Valspar Restoration series paint is no longer available. I hope it drys good before shipping as I don't want packing materiel sticking to it while they are on the way to you.The old paint took 2-3 days and the new says 24hours but we will see. I am also doing a custom hitch for are friend in Australia. He wants one for his 520 with a loader.

202.jpg

203.jpg

012-3.jpg

the difference between the standard and the XI

034-3.jpg

and a custom hitch that was built

009-3.jpg

I only have Saturdays to work on these as I have my daughter Gabby every day know as I don't want My parents Driving to pick here up any more. So It may take tell the end of the month for these to get built. I will do my best to get them done as fast as possible.

Remember that these are built to order, I require 50% down to build you a hitch, and the other 50% when its ready to ship. I use USPS to ship these and only ship on Sat. I will give you a shipping quote when you give me a address, and delivery conformation and a tracking # will be given to you when its shipped. I have 40+ hitches built and sold and have lots of compliments so far and I thank you guys for liking my hitches. The new prices are :

1 regular hitch $120 + shipping

2 short hitch for tiller $130 + Shipping

3 XI hitch $130 + shipping

4 custom hitch to your dimensions $120 - $140 + shipping depending on what you need and cost of materials.

extra plates and bolts $10 To mount hitch to tractor if you don't have a rear plow-tiller mount.

Any questions you can PM me or post here.

If you want one I do like to talk to you in person on the phone as I like to make sure you are happy with what your getting. Thank you for looking an

• Like 5

GlenPettit

Scott & Tom do especially nice work, of the highest quality and perfect fit, as you can see in the pictures.

These are very very heavy duty, you'll be very happy with them, well worth their cost.

Glen

DSCN0082-2-1.jpg

• Like 1

bk-scouter

Scott, I'm interested in one. I will get in touch with you in regards to a modification I would be interested in.

Thanks for offering your talents once again. :)

-BK

• Like 2

73-18 automatic

Scott & Tom do especially nice work, of the highest quality and perfect fit, as you can see in the pictures.

These are very very heavy duty, you'll be very happy with them, well worth their cost.

Glen

DSCN0082-2-1.jpg

Love those tires what brand are they

Thanks

GlenPettit

Firestone 23º Lugs. Miller Tire & others have them, 23x10.5x12.

Got mine at the Big Wheel Horse show in PA, $100/pair (rubber only) in 2006,

they are RimGuard filled with "inside" wheel weights, = 150#/tire.

• Like 1

kwalshy

I'm excited to hear that build #4 is going to happen. I learned about these hitches just after build # 3 was finished. This hitch will be put to good use.

Scott, PM sent.

• Like 1

Duff

I'll just jump in and echo what Glen said - these hitches are terrific quality, well designed and worth every penny! It's one of the best aftermarket add-ons I've been able to find for my tractors!

Duff :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by Duff
  • Like 1

Forest Road

Thanks for getting back to me. I'd like one for my 314h. Original long style is perfect.I have about 600 lbs in my weight box on the 522x loader.. So I need to make a hitch/platform combo for that tractor. Gonna have to take my time and figure it out.

How do I go about making payment? PayPal or check let me know.

• Like 1

ple1969

Scott - count me in. I'll take the original style with a mounting plate for my 520H. I sent a PM

Pete

• Like 1

Pops

scott

I want to order the regular hitch, it will be used on a 520h that has a plow attachment but I may want to switch to one of my other 300 series so I also want the plate attachment.

For shipping quote my zip is 40245, and how to want me to make payment.

Jim

• Like 1

Rick_in_CT

Hi Scott,

I was good to speak with you this morning. Looking forward to having you make me a hitch for my 522xi. I sent you an email with the pictures of the rear attach-a-matic hitch installed on the tractor.

Rick

• Like 1

JackC

Scott, I can use one. PM sent, Jack

• Like 1

Typhke

Wow, looks like a really strong hitch! Nice work! Maybe I'll need to get one in the future, first get a Wheel Horse ;)

smoreau

Thank you for the great comments from the guys that already have one of my hitches. Steel was ordered today and should be in on the 9th. Plan on cutting it up into the correct sizes this Sat. and drilling all the holes. Tom has a idea on making square holes in the extra plates so the carriage bolts fit better in the extra plates. I missed getting the measurements for the XI hitch this last weekend, I was just too busy moving my brother and taking orders. looks like we have 10 sold and 3-4 still waiting for answers. I am getting enough material to make 25. If I need to get more, I will. If you want one and just don't have the $ at the moment, send me a pm so I know your interested. Just trying to to gauge how many to build.

smoreau

Receiver Tubes were ordered today Should be in on the 10th or 11th. So far 12 are sold and 1 waiting for a answer on.

smoreau

All the material is in and the tubes are hear also. Plan on getting the dimensions I need for the xi hitch in the morning. Then heading over to Toms to get all the steel cut up. Should be a busy day tomorrow with 50+ deg out side. Hope to get a lot done. 13 sold so far.

smoreau

Well I got a lot done today, All the steel was cut to size, over 300 pieces for all the hitches. Took most of the day but it's all done. Tom has to mill the top plates and run a end mill on the 1" square tubes. The holes need to be drilled in the angle iron and they will be ready to weld together. Here are some pics of the steel all cut up and the receiver tubes.

photo4_zpscdb98941.jpg

photo-22-1_zps2391574f.jpg

photo-13-1_zps37ebb66c.jpg

rick

Looking good!

• Like 1

kwalshy

Scott,

Thanks for posting your progress and the pics!

• Like 1

smoreau

This Sat. I will be putting together the first 10 hitches. We have 15 sold so far and all is looking Great! Tom has the machining done to the parts and the holes drilled for 10 hitches. Should be a good day on Sat.

• Like 2

smoreau

Just finished building the first hitch that was made for a 520 with a Quickway loader. here are some pics

photo-4-2_zpsaa82a5fe.jpg

photo-7-2_zpsbfe9fafb.jpg

photo-3-2_zpsf1d0918f.jpg

• Like 1

varosd

looks great Scott! Could you bring some to the Big Show in June? I'm sure Non-RS folks would scoop them up,

ThreeHorses

Do you have any pictures of hitch that will work with a tiller?

Picture comparing it to the standard hitch?

I got one of the standard hitch last year and really like it.

Considering getting one that will work with tiller for another tractor.

My son and I just finsihed making a weight bracket for my suitcase weight that slips in the hitch I got last year.

Thanks,

Rich

smoreau

Do you have any pictures of hitch that will work with a tiller?

Picture comparing it to the standard hitch?

I got one of the standard hitch last year and really like it.

Considering getting one that will work with tiller for another tractor.

My son and I just finsihed making a weight bracket for my suitcase weight that slips in the hitch I got last year.

Thanks,

Rich

I have has a chance to build one yet. Plan on one next week

smoreau

looks great Scott! Could you bring some to the Big Show in June? I'm sure Non-RS folks would scoop them up,

I wish I could go to the big show, just too far for me to drive and gas prices are just too high. I stic to Mi. Show and I make it my summer vacation