Sign in to follow this  
fireman

Guess what's in the crate!

fireman

I have been waiting for this for over a month. Originally the seller didn't want to ship it. I stayed persistent and finally got them to do it. I'll let three guesses go by then I'll show and tell. (No telling Steve!)

post-1626-0-18178700-1357241934_thumb.jp

oldredrider

Jimmy Hoffa?

• Like 2

bowtieguy

Elvis!!

buckrancher

looks like it could be a engine

stevasaurus

I agree with Brian. Sure is the right size for one...maybe that Clinton you've been wanting Jeff??

:)

jimt1971

Suburban Tractor from Norway?

• Like 2

Ken B

NOS RJ? :ychain:

fireman

It is an engine. As a matter of fact it's a Wisconsin AEN. The exact same engine that is in the Ride-Away Senior. The inside of the fuel tank is clean except for some varnish on the sides. I turned it over and it feels like it has great compression. I bought this because the AEN was only made from 1949 to 1957 and they are far and few between. Parts are also very hard to find. I need the flywheel screen cover for mine. I'm going to put Marvel Mystery Oil in it and crank it over to get it into the oil pump to free it up. I'll let it sit in there for a little while then drain and refill it with fresh oil. Next I'm gonna clean out the fuel tank, lines and carb. Then i'll check the ignition for spark. If that all goes well, hopefully it will fire up. It will be nice, as VinsRJ would say, to have a spare Senior engine "In Stock".

DSCN0011.jpg

DSCN0012.jpg

DSCN0014.jpg

AMC RULES

I'd like to see a Sr engine in a Jr. :handgestures-thumbsup:

Cole

DANGIT! I was really looking forward to seeing elvis.

• Like 2

SALTYWRIGHT

GOOD LUCK WITH IT JEFF. VERY NICE TO HAVE.

KC9KAS

Sweet find!

buckrancher

so what did I win? a drive around the WH show on a WH senior :banana-dance:

fireman

Brian your more than welcome to take it for a cruise around! Just remind me while we're there. Hopefully I'll have steering box rebuilt with new bearings so it will steer like butter.

stevebo

It is good to have friends with stuff "in stock" lol-

Wheel-N-It

I'd love to have that engine too. I would enjoy just getting it running again.

JUSS10

whats the difference between an AEN and an AENL? there is an AENL wisconsion on an old tiller that's been up on craigslist locally for months. I've exchanged a few emails but its a bit of a drive for a motor i really didn't have any use for...

fireman

The AENL replaced the AEN in 1957. According to this website, it was replaced for more horse power (AEN=8.2 AENL=9.2). Otherwise from that I believe they look the same.

http://www.asecc.com/data/wisconsin-models.html

Ken B

I would have never of guessed that it would have been what you scored! Very nice!

wallfish

You're a Wheel Horse preper. You never know when it's doomsday for the old engines so it's always nice to have a back up. I guess you could always run the new engine in it and save the original.

• Like 1

stevebo

Nope he needs to give it to me.

• Like 1

groundhog47

It is an engine. As a matter of fact it's a Wisconsin AEN. The exact same engine that is in the Ride-Away Senior. The inside of the fuel tank is clean except for some varnish on the sides. I turned it over and it feels like it has great compression. I bought this because the AEN was only made from 1949 to 1957 and they are far and few between. Parts are also very hard to find. I need the flywheel screen cover for mine. I'm going to put Marvel Mystery Oil in it and crank it over to get it into the oil pump to free it up. I'll let it sit in there for a little while then drain and refill it with fresh oil. Next I'm gonna clean out the fuel tank, lines and carb. Then i'll check the ignition for spark. If that all goes well, hopefully it will fire up. It will be nice, as VinsRJ would say, to have a spare Senior engine "In Stock".

DSCN0011.jpg

DSCN0012.jpg

DSCN0014.jpg

That's a neat shipping method, prob standard, but is it grossly expensive to have one shipped and what shipper is good to use, Have often seen what considered good deals but alwyas pick up only. From what I remember Wisc were good engines, 'course everything nearly, was. Hope you got a jewel!!!

stevasaurus

Wisconsin made great engines...and who ever crated that one did one very nice job. Great score Jeff. :bow-blue:

I like the crate also.

Edited by stevasaurus

fireman

Lets put it this way. The engine cost the same amount as what shipping was!

bowtiebutler956

Lets put it this way. The engine cost the same amount as what shipping was!

Thats a great looking old Wisconsin! :text-datsphatyo: I love restoring old engines, but I find quite often I spend as much on the shipping as I do on the engine! I hope you post a video when you get it fired up. PLEASE! :ROTF::thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas: