Sign in to follow this  
chevrat68

wedge plow

chevrat68

Kicking around an idea to make a wedge plow for my raider 14 for sidewalks. Thinking about a 30 or 55 gal drum cut and welding a frame to maybe hang from the straight blade or making a new complete mounting frame. If I make a new frame I would put it on my raider 12. Has anyone done this befor? Input would be helpful.

varosd

somebody made a complete hydro v-plow with independent wings. not sure who

here is a thread of a v-plow

chevrat68

I was thinking of using a drum for the blades just don't know what size to use. I don't have another plow to cut in half but can get barrels.just don't know about hanging it or if I should take the straight blade off and mount it with the old frame assembly.

sorekiwi

Nick did one a few years ago. I'll see if I can find the thread...

Alan_Heist

Here is another home built, not on a WH, but it is still on a GT, check out the videos, works great!

http://s498.beta.photobucket.com/user/locknut-1/library/v-blade

I was thinking of using a drum for the blades just don't know what size to use. I don't have another plow to cut in half but can get barrels.just don't know about hanging it or if I should take the straight blade off and mount it with the old frame assembly.

smoreau

hears mine. click on the pic to watch the video

th_240.jpg

Edited by smoreau
  • Like 4

Tankman

Often thought of a V-Plow. How nice on walks or whatever. :eusa-think:

Here's a small one (tractor specific) but, for ideas; http://ventrac.com/products/attachments/KV552/

chevrat68

I think I will give it a try after I finish with my mower deck resto. I wish I had a hydraulic pump on mine. I could use a litigate pump assembly or a lift off a stern drive from a boat. Thanks for the ideas.

baerpath

I have a couple blades without frames ones a 60 inch, a 48 and a 42. If you want to go that way

Duane

Challenger

I wish I had the skills to build a V-plow for my 5xi. I have to do about 1.5 miles of city sidewalk in our very snowy part of the country.

A V-plow sure would be a time saver some days.

Anyone want to build and sell one?

varosd

hears mine. click on the pic to watch the video

Scott, I forgot it was you! How did it turn out/work?

Alan_Heist

I have a couple blades without frames ones a 60 inch, a 48 and a 42. If you want to go that way

Duane

I'm jealous!!! All you guys up north have blades just laying around, I can't find one down here in FL to save my life, and the shipping to get one here makes most any pricing I find out of my budget. :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl:

I would love to have an MB-405 for my driveway work.

wingrider

About 25 years ago I built 2 snow plows, one was a V plow and the other was a one way plow. What I used for the moldboard

was a 60 gallon hot water heater. I just cut it in half the long way, for the Vplow I just started cutting material out of the middle

but I stopped a 1 1/2" from the top and bottom, and kept pulling the ends back until I had a 90 degree angle, welded a piece of

1/4" steel in the middle to work as a divider. On the front of that I cut a 2" radius on one end to help it raise up over the bumps in

the sidewalk. Then made some push arms to push it with.

For the one way plow I closed up the left side of the moldboard and bent the right side up some for more clearance. On the left side

I also made another piece of 1/4" buy 2" high stock radiused to go over bumps.

For cutting edges I had some worn grader blades that I cut to the right length, and made sure the holes were spaced to be centered

on the moldboard.

I used these for a long time after, and they always worked fine. At the present time I'm trying to get my big snow plow dealer to

get me a 3' to 4' rolled piece of steel to make a wing plow to put on one of my WH tractors, hopefully this year.

I've got close to 60 miles of township roads to plow for the last 34 years, and when thats done I love to play plowing and blowing

snow with my Wheel Horses. I have 4 tractors that I enjoy plowing with in my spare time.

Edited by wingrider
  • Like 1

chevrat68

I have about 15 driveways to do and some sidewalks to do. I have a 2710 HST kubota with a loader on the front and 72" grader blade on the rear. I use the wheel horse for smaller areas and sidewalks.

baerpath

Duane

I'm jealous!!! All you guys up north have blades just laying around, I can't find one down here in FL to save my life, and the shipping to get one here makes most any pricing I find out of my budget. :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl:

I could get one delivered to Ellington Fla if I knew by Wensday..................

Alan_Heist

Duane

I could get one delivered to Ellington Fla if I knew by Wensday..................

PM Sent... sounds interesting!