Sign in to follow this  
dgoyette

My 2012 - 2013 Snow Team (Pic Heavy!)

dgoyette

So it's safe to say we all love using our garden tractors for my snow removal. It is something I actually look forward to (until about mid to late March :laughing-rofl:).

This years line line up:

416H with cab and single stage blower - love the cab - no snow in the face!

416H%2520thrower%25202.JPG

416H%2520thrower.JPG

C-160 Hydro with 508QM ARK loader

c-160%2520with%2520loader%25202.JPG

314-8 with 54" snow blade (D series) with front wheel weights to help stay on course with an angled blade.

314-8%2520with%252054%2522%2520blade.JPG

314-8%25204%2522%2520blade%25202.JPG

snow%2520machines%25202012.JPG

snow%2520machines%25202012%2520-%25203.JPG

And in case all else fails a 22" MTD blower and my favorite shovel

MTD%2520and%2520shovel.JPG

I think it is going to be a big year for snow...not even January yet!

snow%2520depth.JPG

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

Very nice lineup! Looks like youcan handle whatevers thrown your way.

decksetter

Good lookin fleet! I like the weight boxes, any more pics of how you attached them? I need to rig one up asap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

855ownerJoel

Does the weight in back help alot? I have more trouble with steering while blade is angled than with traction.

TheReDStAnG

So that's where all of the snow went. I got to play with only 5" this winter so far, no significant accumulations in the forecast either (we normally average around 100 inches in a season). Great looking snow removal team.

Jake Kuhn

Nice lineup! :handgestures-thumbup: I wish we could get some snow. We have not had enough I could even try plowing or blowing with my tractors. :no:

VinsRJ

Looks like a great work team!

AMC RULES

Nice cab, looks roomy.

Sparky

Very impressive! You have the three basics of snow removal....plow...blower...and loader (not the shovel :ychain: )

Mike..........

KC9KAS

Very nice fleet you have...Looks like you can get-r-done, but I wouldn't even consider the shovel.....too much work!

Iggy68

Great looking lineup! Way too much snow for me anymore!

roger.johnson

We have had next to no snow here either, been looking forward to getting out there and plowing for sure!!

dgoyette

Thanks for the all the comments guys.

Good lookin fleet! I like the weight boxes, any more pics of how you attached them? I need to rig one up asap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yes pics I can do. Basically I used one of Scott's (smoreau) receiver hitch's

receiver%2520hitch.JPG

and bolted a pintel hook mounting plate to the box. Works pretty good.

pintel%2520mounting%2520plate.JPG

holes%2520drilled.JPG

I put 2 reinforcement plates on the inside of the box

box%2520reinforcment%2520plates.JPG

This is a close up view but it is on a D-180. I have been switching everything whenever possible to use a 2" receiver. It makes moving things from tractor to tractor a breeze. There is a ton of cool attachments for 2" receivers. From winch mounts, tow hooks, cargo carriers...etc.

D-180%2520with%2520weight%2520box.JPG

Here is the plate weight set up. Also uses the 2" receiver.

plate%2520weight%25202.JPG

Half inch rod, and fence post was used. 1/2 washers allows the fence post to remain centered. And a slightly larger washer on the end to keep everything snug.

plate%2520weight%2520mount.JPG

plate%2520weight%25204.JPG

plate%2520weight%25203.JPG

The box on the loader is the ARK OEM box. Hooks to the Loader subframe.

Does the weight in back help alot? I have more trouble with steering while blade is angled than with traction.

The weight out back does not help with steering at all. In fact it might take away slightly due to the hanging of the ballast. But the front wheel weights (25lb each) help significantly. Roller chain helps too if you need more. Deflate front tires, cut roller chain to size, wrap around tire, and re-inflate tires. If don't correctly the chain should be centered and should not move.

smoreau

Heck I put 300# on my rear hitch in a wight box and i only have #50 roller chains on the front tires and never had any issues with steering! This year I am going with no weight, age tires and no chains on front or rear and been doing just fine.

dgoyette

Heck I put 300# on my rear hitch in a wight box and i only have #50 roller chains on the front tires and never had any issues with steering! This year I am going with no weight, age tires and no chains on front or rear and been doing just fine.

Might be some confusion, I do not have issues with steering with the weight on the back. I was asked if the weight on the back helped with steering. No it doesn't aid with steering and won't no matter how much is back there.