Sign in to follow this  
Mykol610

Snowblade pin...

Mykol610

I just recently got/took my tractor (1057 with Harbor Freight clone) back. Well, the lights are good but the pin in the center of the plow came out. :banghead:The one that locks it center, left or right. How do I go about getting it back in? It doesn't look like there's any threads or anything to connect to it to get it back in place... Am I missing something? Sorry I don't have a pic. There's about 8" of snow around it right now. :banghead:

SousaKerry

Been awhile since I've had one appart but IIRC there is a roll pin or snap ring to keep the spring from pulling out??

The best thing to do is remove the big pivot bolt so you can take the plow away from the frame, then at least you can get to what you are working on.

Kelly

Ya its been a while for me to, I think it's a roll pin, and that is what holds the spring also, that preloads the pin.

Mykol610

I just noticed there's a cotter pin that should go through it. It sheared off both sides. I'm gonna have a friend help me get it replaced but one other question... How easy does the spring come out? Is it locked in any which way? I'll need a new cotter pin definately but would like to know if I should get a new spring while I'm at it.

SousaKerry

I've actually never had one break, but I'm sure it does happen

Link to manual

post-4531-0-77451000-1356715438_thumb.jp

Edited by Sousakerry2

Mykol610

I see what your showing... Per the picture... 4 has fallen out. 6 is sheared off both sides of 4. What my last question was how is 5 held in? Without the pin (4) pressing onto it, is it likely to fall off and possible get lost? Or is it hooked on another piece?

SousaKerry

Good question I'll have to look at one I think that the hole covered by part #25 is where the roll pin is inserted into the #4 pin, could be that the spring is actually supposed to be on the other side of the tongue, and the drawing is misleading. :confusion-scratchheadblue:

I'm sure some one else will chime in here that has had one apart before,

Edited by Sousakerry2

RCTruckDaddy

The spring is inside the tongue. The pin goes in from the rear thru the spring. Then looking thru 3/4" hole in top of tongue you put cotter pin thru the hole in item 4 to preload the spring. I did this to mine when I restored it.