Tim

would like some opinions

Tim

there was a posting on the classifieds for an item

I simply replied i would take it- did not dicker on price

asked him how much to ship and if he took paypal

he replied no to pay pal and would let me know on the shipping costs

i got a reply today

"it will cost $18 to ship..i have another guy interested to. so first come first to get it.i can only take good check or money order..thank you.."

what would you do?

I replied

"forget it

-i'm not getting into a race of getting a check to you with some other guy

-if I was first i should have 1st shot , if is was second the other person should have 1st shot at it with a reasonable time to get you the money

- this is not how things should be handled

-you have no presence on this forum and because of this there is a trust issue, especially because paypal is an issue with you

good luck"

thoughts????

TT

The best advice I can offer comes straight from the board rules :

Classified section:

IMPORTANT RedSquare is not responsible for the accuracy of the listings. First and foremost, "make all deals at your own risk and settle all disputes off of the forum. It is your responsibility to validate the legitimacy of the seller and the sale. You may report a failed transaction to the moderator / administration team which will be evaluated for repeat offenders. Any effort to deliberately deceive or defraud members will result in expulsion from the forum

• Like 2

dgoyette

Sounds like a similar transaction I had with a member here once too. I waited 3 wks for him to pack it up and then he says I need to mail a check before he would ship. I said "why didn't you tell me that 3 weeks ago?" He said that's how he did business and he had someone else who really wanted it also. I told him to forget it and sell it to the other fellow. It was fairly irritating at the time.

squonk

I agree. If your first, you should be given a reasonable amount of time. If paying by check, inform the seller it has been sent and they should hold it for you.

JackC

The seller should hold it for you and give you time to send a money order. Paypal charges a fee which you can offer to pay.

When I tell someone I will buy something and pay the shipping and they agree, I expect them to box it up or wrap it and tell me dimensions and weight. I then go to my FedEx account and generate a shipping label. I then send a money order and shipping label. They can either call FeEX to pick it up or they can drop it off. If you work with FedEx that way the shipping is pretty reasonable. All the seller has to do is box it up and give you information.

Kelly

I would like to add THIS IS NOT ME, I don't work that way, first in line gets dibs, then if that person passes, next in line, then I wait for payment for a reasonable amount of time, and normally if I don't receive payment in a fair amount of time, I send a reminder asking if they still want the item, then I ship soon after getting payment, I do charge the Paypal fees to the buyer, they add up fast with the amount of items I sell, and they charge the fees on the total including shipping that I don't make money on, at the end of a year the fees can be very high on all the items I have sold, and asking each person to pay them, in my eye is better than me paying ALL of them.

I normally figure my own shipping cost and do not charge any extra, for packing or any thing, but if the buyer wants to send me a label prepaid for shipping that is fine.

If I worked that way I would be out of business in no time, a good seller/buyer relationship is a must.

Edited by Kelly
  • Like 7

Tim

the guy that did this had ZERO posts here

that was kind of the last straw not to send a check

roscoemi

Kelly, I have delt with you a couple times and you made things happen when I REALLY needed them. Thank you, you are a good man. Don't worry about your rep here, I think others feel the same and know this would not be something of your doing. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Tim

just got a reply

"I have no issue with paypal for one thing n whoever got back to me first was getting the item. there is race. If i had a dollar for everytime someone said they wanted to buy something id be rich. but anyways its now sold but thanks for your inquiry. Have a great day!"

don't get it

-does take paypal but would only take check for this--add the fees, it would have been another 5 bucks or something

price was never discussed neither were fees i simply said i would take it do you take paypal

paypal protects both parties and is the best way to "win a race"

who ever got back was getting it first?? with a reply or the money. if he got two checks the same day, who gets the part????

best choice was walking away

• Like 1

Tim

this was not anybody who ever posted here

i don't want anyone to think this was a parts guy here that helps others out...........

i was pissed and personally did not think i was treated fairly or respectfully

Sparky

best choice was walking away

I agree. If you are uneasy with the way the deal is being handled, move on...(and send Kelly a PM, he might have the item your after).

Mike.......

roscoemi

Agrivating Tim, but they will do little business here. And they may be reading this, and I hope so. The CL antics don't cut it here, the members have honor and integrity. Chalk this one up. I don't want to see badmouthing on the forum, but, there are other ways to get the word out.

can whlvr

i have bought several items from sellers on red square,used money orders every time and had nothing but good transactions,i would do it again in a heart beat

bigfkd22

Tim,

I'm pretty sure I was trying to buy a part off the same guy. He said one price then wanted to charge me a boat load on shipping. I then told him no thank you then he proceeded to lecture me on how he's sold many parts already. He also had zero posts. Needless to say didn't get the part. Better to not have a needed part than to have the stress of working with an .....

D