Sign in to follow this  
Kevbo

Throttle linkage problem...

Kevbo

Hi everyone!

I recently picked up a 312-8 and notices that when I raise the throttle it really does not change the engine speed until it is all the way toward full throttle. The linkage is working correctly but the connection to the governor seems to have a delay. I'm not sure if its the spring not giving enough tension in the picture below, or something else? Any ideas?

0B5B97A1-BD87-4176-B8B4-5BBE2C6B3A83-2129-00000326BC2488C2.jpg

F6DC3B39-2BDF-47FF-92F5-2EBD367BC504-2129-00000325C4A4C44E.jpg

Cole

Sounds like the governor is not sensitive enough, try moving the left side of the spring up one hole at a time. If it surges with no change in throttle operation you may need to re-adjust the cable, but we will cross that bridge if we get to it.

Kevbo

Trying to remove this spring is EXTREMELY frustrating. Please someone help. Any suggestions?

wallfish

Loosen the clamp that holds the throttle conduit. Start the engine with the lever in the idle position. Then slide the conduit and cable until it just starts to pull the throttle open and lock the clamp back down.

I'm guessing the conduit may have pulled closer to the lever that pulls the governor.

• Like 1

pfrederi

Trying to remove this spring is EXTREMELY frustrating. Please someone help. Any suggestions?

I frequently wind up having to remove the bolt in the pivot arm (to the right of the fuel line in your picture) to twist things around enough to move the spring

• Like 1

Cole

I frequently wind up having to remove the bolt in the pivot arm (to the right of the fuel line in your picture) to twist things around enough to move the spring

:text-yeahthat: , Did this work for you?