MaineDad

Major Seat Time Ahead

MaineDad

I am in the 10-16 inch area...

WCSHEvent_zps8b2496c6.jpg

nylyon

Wow! We're looking at 1-3, but then it turns to rain :(

stevebo

I believe we are going to get about 4-8 inches with high winds. I spent a lot of the day getting the 417 ready with 2 stager, cab and swapped over the ags to turfs with weights and chains. I may head out tonight for a little while....

Kelly

Here in MI, we are getting about 4" give or take, but with the steady 30mph winds it's only drifting I have bare spots all over, and 12" drifts, if I part the truck and van just right I will have a bare drive in the morning like most times it snows and blows like this.

glgrumpy

Been out some with GT14, the Yellow one! (Moline Experimental model). Was fair. need three arms to run the drive lever, blade lift and steer while using. I want a foot pedal! 15" tires and no chains/weights but did good and heavy wet snowtoo. Mostly just drifts here with all that wind. NE Indiana. They got more farther south in central area.

post-7776-0-12299300-1356570630_thumb.jp

post-7776-0-80773300-1356570658_thumb.jp

post-7776-0-89134600-1356570710_thumb.jp

post-7776-0-63004300-1356570754_thumb.jp

jay in nc

love that praire gold & dana brown color .

posifour11

Enjoy.

Rock farmer

I'm in the 1"-3" to 3" -6" range.

It'll be a wintery mix, rain and snow or snow and rain!

Either way I'll probably leave it be and hope it melts before something bad happens!

All my gt's are on strike, only my farm tractors are willing to work.

So if it isn't deep, I've got four wheel drive in the pickup truck.

And plenty of soup in the cupboard.

stevebo

Just got back in from a little seat time in the 417 with cab and 2 stage blower. After working out the kinks it did a very nice job. This was the first time using it this year. Seems every year I need to do something to get it right. Winds are blowing about 40+ here on the mountain. Gotta love having a cab !!

whc160

:woohoo: We got about 6"-8" here. Got about 4-1/2 hours of seat time after work. Love the new to me 48" blade & the tall chute single stage.

welderman85

Nice I have About 2 inchs with lots of wind

MaineDad

Now calling for 20 plus inches and 50 mph winds... It's going to have a high water content too, so it will be the heavy wet crap :(

Lanterns are ready.

nylyon

We got about 3" last night. I used the Toro Snow Blower to clear the drive last night, and the rest is melting today. Good luck up there with the 20+"

Sparky

Ended up with 3"-4"s of wet slushy snow. Got to finally try my Workhorse with a 48" plow and the new rear sneakers. I'm happy to report that the tires did great in this stuff. Hopefully they are just a good in the deep powder.

I live in a house full of teenagers so there is no one up and awake before noon :roll: , so no action shots, just acouple of before and after pics (kinda boring, I know). The new tires do leave a cool tread print tho :grin: !!

post-2-0-48138300-1356622544_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-37454900-1356622567_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-52386100-1356622589_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-28398400-1356622645_thumb.jpg

Mike.........

AMC RULES

Used the wife's Toro Powershovel last night for the first time, was actually...a pretty impressive performer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY0Nc6IRfHg&list=UUd_ptV1TUpPlW1VhCjxez_Q&index=1

post-3498-0-37027100-1356624079_thumb.jp

• Like 2

dgoyette

I am in the 10-16 inch area...

WCSHEvent_zps8b2496c6.jpg

I'll let you know where I end up Micah, I would bet I will be at the high end!

This will be a blower storm for sure. Too much for plowing.

decksetter

Jealous. We were predicted to get 10-15"yesterday and only ended up with about 5". Still had some decent drifts, but I wanted more!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SousaKerry

Wound up with about 5"-6" used the blower for the first time did a good job but learned not to blow into the wind real quick. Had a little trouble with the belt slipping(needs a new one) the Carlile tru-powers did surprising well barefoot. There was one icy spot that I had a little trouble with going uphill but not too bad. Next year I am gonna have to get my cab outa storage and fix the broken and missing pieces.

dgoyette

As anticipated we ended up with the high end. I measure 18" in some spots and 14" in others. There was a lot of wind blowing so it is hard to tell but those seem like the most reliable area. We go so much wind that some areas are nearly bare and others are 4 feet! But I would say we landed at about the 16" mark.

And all cleaned up =)

MaineDad

Nice. We ended up with only 12 inches. A dry slot developed keeping the amount down.

Rock farmer

I got about 6".

Rain before, and I feared rain after.

So, I did not plow ( it's not becouse I'm lazy)

In the morning, I will put the rear grader blade and chains on the ferguson

and curse myself for not dealing with this sooner!

Joe

Sparky

No pics from you Maine guys :grin: ?

Mike.............

squonk

Used the wife's Toro Powershovel last night for the first time, was actually...a pretty impressive performer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY0Nc6IRfHg&list=UUd_ptV1TUpPlW1VhCjxez_Q&index=1

I've got an older "Lawn Chief" version of that power shovel. Bought it for $20.00 this summer Really launches pine cones and sticks. The mad scientist in me needs to rig up a better plug retention system. I also need a Tecumseh sticker for it. :)
  • Like 1

dgoyette

Mike.............

I know...I was thinking about it while I was clearing too. We are getting more snow tonight, if it is enough snow to clear I will get some!

Sparky

Mike.............

I know...I was thinking about it while I was clearing too. We are getting more snow tonight, if it is enough snow to clear I will get some!

OK. If you get pics I'll get pics :ychain: ......heres a lousy cell phone pic of my back deck. We have about 7-8"s of fluffy stuff and its still coming down.

post-2-0-76878600-1356831537_thumb.jpg

Mike.............