Sign in to follow this  
roscoemi

Non Stick spray

roscoemi

Does anybody use or have used some type of spray on a blower to keep really wet snow from sticking and plugging it up? Used to use a product called No-Stick on edgebanders to keep glue from sticking at a cabinet shop a few years ago that was sprayed on and was dry in about 15-20 seconds and was slick like ice on ice. I can't find it now and was wondering if anybody uses anything like this. :eusa-think:

GlenPettit

I coat the blade (and snow thrower) chute with spray Silicone, (cheapest at the $$ stores),

(be sure to clean everything first). Usually lasts about 10-12 hours of work for me. Car wax is good too.

The rust & rough spots really hinder the "snow flow", get rid of those first, a nice smooth surface is what you want. Best time to do this is in the late Spring.

AMC RULES

I've read paraffin wax works well too, haven't tried it though.

leeave96

I've used the non-stick stuff used on pots and pans called Pam with good results.

Good luck,

Bill

• Like 1

Tim

i used to use parafin wax on my toro snow thrower

you melt the wax and just use a paint brush to put it on

the blower should be warm, i used to put it near my wood stove for a while

it looks like crap when done, after the 1st use all that is left is a thin film, works real good

now i just use something called "snow shooter".

works good, got it at home depot on the clearance rack a few years ago for a buck bought a half dozen bottles

i even put it on my snow blade

Kevbo

I have never tried it, but I hear "Pam" works really well...

shallowwatersailor

I have used "Pam" for four years with good results. Last year's lack of snow meant that I could recycle it at the end of season back to the kitchen for it's intended use. It is especially useful with wet snow.

Fun Engineer

Russ

off topic. Do you have an owners manual for the lawn ranger? If you need one, pm me your address and I'll put one in the mail for Porkchop.

Dave

roscoemi

Has anybody tried Ariens Snow-Jet? Expensive at $13 a can. I found a product called Wearlon Super F1 Icephobic that is used for buildings and antenna towers and is a two part epoxy paint, but cannot find out a price for it. Suppose they will not bother with a half quart order as it is made to order. :eusa-think:

roscoemi

Thanks Dave, pm sent. I will have pics up Tues afternoon of a happy guy with his new toy. Have plenty of gas and snow to plow! :handgestures-thumbupright:

midnight rambler

might sound funny but cooking oil or pam will work.

• Like 1

DoctorHfuhruhurr

I would imagine any type of oil would work. Pam is mostly various vegetable oils depending on which one you get.

Wyattrrp

I use this Snow-Jet stuff as posted a few days ago here on RS.....Next to last post

Wyattrrp

By the way, Snow-Jet at the local Toro dealer was $9 for a spray can not sure size as I used it an threw it out, similar size to Rustoleum 12 oz can. Jacks Small Engine Repair site has it for $9 plus shipping.

It recommends applying several coats. Prbably similar to Silicone.

The Vid shows the performance is great !!

varosd

I would imagine any type of oil would work. Pam is mostly various vegetable oils depending on which one you get.

Mmmmmm! Butter flavored Pam, on a single stage Snow thrower, 6 inches of cold, powdery snow...smells like Victory! or at least bacon and eggs! :D

• Like 1

Tankman

Spray silicone on my blades as well as the blower. Cheapest product on the shelf.

Some spray under their mower decks as well. :)

• Like 1

roscoemi

I think I'll go the silicone rout as I am cheap! A permanent paint would be the end all be all but would prolly cost a fortune. Thanks for all the input guys, Merry Christmas! :text-merryxmas:

welderman85

i use silicone its cheap and works pretty good

wallfish

You can also use furniture polish. I bought 6 or 7 cans of cheap stuff a while ago at a bargain outlet store for $0.50 a can

Buckshot 1

:) I use Slip-Plate, on my blade. Works real well. Others I know use Pam. :flags-usa:

Coadster32

I use auto wax. Works very good.

ray

The type of snow that we've been getting hasn't been sticking to my plow too much, but I plan on using Pam or Armor-All when it does.

HorseFixer

As far as for a blower goes Im not tryin to cut any ones Ideas or products down here but Years ago I tried all the stuff listed above and more and I was not impressed and wasted alot of money. :snooty: As far as Im concered youd have the same results useing whale sperm. :eek: Your better off doing the rubber wiper modification then you can blow slush like this. Nearly 3 years now and not 1 plugg up. The other thing to do is keep the inside of the augar clean & painted every year. I think doing the same for a blade keeping it cleaned and painted would help that also.

Here is a link to an article from 2010 :handgestures-thumbupright: ~Duke

Edited by HorseFixer

roscoemi

Thanks Duke, I'll check it out.

855ownerJoel

I am with those just using the pots and pan non-stick cooking spray. I buy the cheapest I can find and it works good. I will say if you get the wet slush from the city road snow plow, that stuff is hard to stop from clogging blower except slowing way down....