massey

Hello all, I haven't posted on here in a while so I thought I'd give an update. I was working on finishing up a C160 8speed and only needed to paint the hood and apply Terrys decals when I had to shelve that project for more pressing duties. Anyway, a good guy from down the road a ways had bought a 1992 520 for the engine and trans and didn't have use for the rest of it. Well I ended up with it so now it looks like I'll be doing the wide front end with the reduction steering and big wheels out back (when time becomes available again).

002-18_zps85f2cb24.jpg

001-21_zpsb3ab4bd1.jpg

• Like 3

groundhog47

Hello all, I haven't posted on here in a while so I thought I'd give an update. I was working on finishing up a C160 8speed and only needed to paint the hood and apply Terrys decals when I had to shelve that project for more pressing duties. Anyway, a good guy from down the road a ways had bought a 1992 520 for the engine and trans and didn't have use for the rest of it. Well I ended up with it so now it looks like I'll be doing the wide front end with the reduction steering and big wheels out back (when time becomes available again).

002-18_zps85f2cb24.jpg

001-21_zpsb3ab4bd1.jpg

Looks really good, like your idea of usin' the big back wheels :bow-blue:

Don1977

Now you will have to buy a Black Hood so you can use the rear fender. :ychain:

whc160

:text-coolphotos: Nice job on the C-160 ! I put 10.50's on the rear of my 76 on wider rims so they would be flat. Also went form 6.50's to 7.50's on the front on a set of the newer style rims that are wider. It sure makes it look beefy.

Forest Road

Wish I had neighbors like that! Best of luck with the project.

JimmyJam

Nice start to your project. Keep us posted with pics as things progress along.

Kelly

Wow that parts 520 looks to have been clean.

HorseFixer

Looks good massey! :handgestures-thumbupright: Should look cool when complete. :notworthy:

~Duke

welderman85

very nice 160 plus a clean 520 parts tractor

Wheel-N-It

Looking Good!!! :thumbs:

massey

Thanks for the kind words. That 520 was a complete running tractor and it must have been kept inside as all I did was pressure wash these parts,they cleaned up easy. The paint is in good condition, of course I blew the decals off when I cleaned the hood. I bought the 48" deck back in the spring for a spare and left thinking I should have made an offer on the rest of the parts but I had enough other things going on then. I told him that the axle and steering and bigger wheels were desirable parts and not junk so don't just scrap them and to try to sell them. Well I guess he kept getting beat up from potential buyers and contacted me again so I made a fair offer and ended up with them.

massey

Bringing this back for an update.  I got side tracked on buying a few surplus generators and heaters and going over them and painting them up all pretty .

I finally painted the hood and put some decals on, didn't get to the 520's tires yet, they may end up on the other 160 along with the reduction steering.

001_zps294933ba.jpg

002_zps90d67f3e.jpg

004_zps69736b2f.jpg

Also used the hydro to drag the log splitter out to work.

005_zpsd2c1d310.jpg

• Like 3

Martin

looks great... :thumbs:

bowtiebutler956

Absolutely gorgeous C-160 Massey! :jaw:  :bow-blue:  I will be joining the C-160 club very soon, and seeing machines like your makes the wait even harder! :ROTF:  Your work never disappoints. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

dclarke

Nice work massey!   :thumbs:  

massey

Thanks for the kudos, I appreciate it.   I forgot to say, the grill on this hood was punted pretty bad so I cut it out and just put in a piece of perforated steel, I always liked that look.

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Thanks for the kudos, I appreciate it.   I forgot to say, the grill on this hood was punted pretty bad so I cut it out and just put in a piece of perforated steel, I always liked that look.

I like it too!!