Sign in to follow this  
Wishin4a416

5-87, The Day it came off the truck.

Wishin4a416

One of the very few pictures I have of the Wheelhorse when it was new. It came off the truck and I put some chains on it and put it to work. 1605 hours and still going strong.

horse0001_zpse45172df.jpg

And here it is 25 years later ready for Snow. Maybe this Friday!

IMG_1684.jpg

• Like 5

312Hydro

You've really kept it in great shape! Hope your wrong about that snow. :occasion-snowman:

Cole

When the snow comes, you should find out which one will do a better job. I wonder how many other people on here still are one owners of their wheel horse

fireman

:thumbs: That John Deere 318 will show that Wheel Horse a thing or two. I would love to have a 318 instead of my 317.

ericj

i still have my 99 314-8 that i bought new, but have retired it with a little over 300 hours on it. i have mowed with it , bought a 42 rear discharge but upgraded to a 48 sd, plowed snow, plowed gardens, a single 10" & 12", rototiled, did some tractor pulls at show. i even did custom rototilling with it 4 years ago, put 17 hr or so on it. i might have babied it but i did not take ti easy on it till i retired it 2 or 3 years ago

eric j

Tankman

Your Dynamic Duo is certainly ready for snow but, I'm not! :scared-ghostface:

My plows are mounted, snowblower sitting but, at the ready. A quick mount.

Chains restin' in their bucket, oiled.

Why rush it? Can't we just watch the snowbelt on the news while enjoying our cozy warm woodstoves? :laughing-rofl:

AMC RULES

Twenty five years, and it still looks the same. :)

Wheel-N-It

When the snow comes, you should find out which one will do a better job. I wonder how many other people on here still are one owners of their wheel horse

I still have my first Wheel Horse. I bought it new April 26, 1991. It's the 312-8 you see in my avatar. it has roughly 530 hours on it.

Two of the three I have aquired since then have all been "One Owner" machines. The two PO's of the One Owner Horses were deceased, and one PO had got too old and physically unable to use his anymore.

• Like 1

312Hydro

MY 312H is a 1 owner. Still have all the paperwork from when I bought it.
  • Like 1

Wishin4a416

:thumbs: That John Deere 318 will show that Wheel Horse a thing or two. I would love to have a 318 instead of my 317.

The 318 is definately stronger but it doesnt go as good as the 312. It has to be the way the plow attaches to the rear axle on the horse versus the front mount on the JD.

KC9KAS

Wow, you have kept the WH in really good shap and looking nice......Probably be around for another 25 years!

c-series don

I too bought one brand new. I purchased a work horse gt-1800 with 48" mower deck in Aug. 1984 and mowed commercially with it for 8 years. I have plowed many driveways and rototilled many gardens. Now it has a 50"mid-mount grader blade on it that maintain my dirt road with, it is a true testament to Wheel Horse quality. When I purchased it I was very young ( high school )and the dealer ( Rolle Bros. L.I.,N.Y.) told me that properly taken care of my kids would be driving this tractor. Damned if they were not right!!!!!! Out of all my 14 horses thIs would probably be the last one I would ever sell!!

mrocket49

WheelHorseC-125.jpg

I bought my C-125 new in 84' and it's still going strong with over 1.000 hours.

• Like 1

can whlvr

you have really kept her in great shape,i still have my 308 bought new in 87,last one i would sell too