Sign in to follow this  
rydogg

got a cool little wheel horse attachment today PTO-66

rydogg

I think I am going to mount it under my 653 and see how it does running my log splitter that I usually run on the Farmall H.

wheelhorse339.jpg

wheelhorse340.jpg

wheelhorse341.jpg

Here is my son helping me run the splitter, I have taught him the dangers of the PTO...he just sits on the tire and runs the controls while I load the logs.

downloaded2172011160.jpg

• Like 2

Jake Kuhn

Thats very cool!

Kelly

I have only seen pics of one other of those, and yours looks to be in great shape, I have a front PTO to run stuff like that.

Stormin

Now that's interesting. I'd like to see photo's of it mounted. Like the log splitter as well.

CasualObserver

It mounts like this..... (these are pics Bill Pearson posted years ago)

PTO-66_4.jpg

PTO-66_5.jpg

I've got one too. Tried to mount it to my Raider 9 to take it to a show this summer only to find out it doesn't fit the Six-speed trans. This has to be used on a three speed. The unit physically doesn't fit with the larger belt guard on the six-speed models.

wh500special

They're a pretty neat little device and aren't very common.

The link for the attachment lift lever needs to be properly adjusted for the unit to "lock" in the down position. You'll need to thread/untread the rod so that when the lift lever is pushed all the way forward, the attaching link goes "over center" and self locks in the down position. Even though it looks like it, weight of the unit alone is not what tensions the belt.

Nice find!

MaineDad

How cool!

TT

it doesn't fit the Six-speed trans. This has to be used on a three speed. The unit physically doesn't fit with the larger belt guard on the six-speed models.

But it's on a six speed in Bill's pictures. :eusa-whistle: You just don't have the right six speed. :ychain:

Seriously though......

What size engine pulley is needed for 540 RPM at the PTO shaft? I thought the PTO-66 was designed for a 2.5" engine pulley turning at governed speed. :confusion-shrug:

CasualObserver

Well fiddlesticks. >_>:wacko: in all the years i've never noticed that.

Yes though. The PTO-66 came with its own single sheave pulley and a belt guide to put on the engine. I'd get you a picture, but they're out in the shed and its dark and cold now. I think the pulley is 2 1/2"

via Tapatalk

VinsRJ

That is really cool, I have never seen one before...

Doubletrouble

That is really cool! I'd love to have one. I'd like to have a splitter like that also. I have a couple "big" tractors it would be perfect for. Nice find!