Rollerman

300 series three point hitch install

Rollerman

Three point hitches are handy & I've seen some nice ones put on Horse's here at RedSquare.

Member "kpinnc" custom build stands out.

Member "stevebo" 3PH is another.

Those are just a couple off the top of my head, there have been several.

I wanted to give it a shot...so I came up with this.

30 second 3PH installation.

Step one.

2012-12-17_22-30-08_490.jpg

Step two

2012-12-17_22-29-48_883.jpg

Okay I cheated a little bit.

It's a Koplin 3PH designed for ATV use, rated at 200 pounds lift/300 pounds downforce.

Made to fit in a 2" reciever hitch & powered by an electric actuator.

3G43Fb3I35P05J15M3cb803a8284a194b1ee0.jpg

I seen it on Craigslist, haggled with the seller & went after it this morning.

It fit's right in the 2" receiver hitch designed & built by member "smoreau".

312Hydro

Pretty slick! :bow-blue:

SousaKerry

Ouch for $600 bucks I'll build my own

http://www.amazon.com/Kolpin-Heavy-3-Point-Hitch-System/dp/B003UYWUBK/ref=sr_1_49?ie=UTF8&qid=1355853974&sr=8-49&keywords=koplin+atv

Don1977

http://www.amazon.com/Kolpin-Heavy-3-Point-Hitch-System/dp/B003UYWUBK/ref=sr_1_49?ie=UTF8&qid=1355853974&sr=8-49&keywords=koplin+atv

Doesn't look to hard to copy. I believe you could get it closer to the tractor by making it narrow and bending the lift arms.

Rollerman

http://www.amazon.co...ords=koplin atv

And for $600 bucks I would have passed too.

The slick part of this setup, I can swap it between two tractors with reciever hitches on them or use it on my Artic Cat ATV if I need or want.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Very neat....and swapping tractors/ATV is a big plus!

kpinnc

I can swap it between two tractors with reciever hitches on them or use it on my Artic Cat ATV if I need or want.

That is the ONE thing my 3-point can't do that I wish it could!

Neat set up Stephen!

Kelly

That is a nice easy and quick 3 point, have you tried it with anything?? that far back you might need some weight on the nose.

Rollerman

That is a nice easy and quick 3 point, have you tried it with anything?? that far back you might need some weight on the nose.

The 3PH came with a 4' land scape rake & I have a 4' 3PH blade coming.

The camera angle makes it look further from the tractor than it is...it really doesn't set that far back.

I havn't had the tractor out of the garage yet, but when I do I'll get more pics, maybe with an implement.

I have something coming for the front of the tractor that will add plenty of counterbalance....... :eusa-whistle:

Lars

Looks great Stephen..im sure it works good to

Wheel-N-It

Pretty slick! :bow-blue:

Agreed. I like it!

smoreau

Very nice Stephen! I think I could make one if them for my tractor quite easy, just need the time to do it.

Rollerman

Since the picture links are dead & I'm not able to edit the original post.

This is the Kolpin 3  point hitch mentioned above.

I put it on my C85 for the winter.

It sets in Scott's custom HD 2" receiver hitch, cat0, powered by a linear actuator, 2 wire hook up from the battery to a DPDT Momentary switch, that's mounted to a magnet so I can move the 3PH to different tractors or ATV's & down to the actuator.

Yes it hangs out the back farther than a typical 3PH at the cost of portability.

Pics....

12388243_10208134488429170_716716032_n.jpg

Edited by Rollerman
  • Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

Any more pictures ? What tractor is it mounted on ?