Sign in to follow this  
rustyoldjunk

electric lift by satillite

rustyoldjunk

i have an old satillite dish out back (it was here when we bought the place) that we dont use,its the big one.it has the electric linear(think thats what its called, B) dont know how it is spelled) cylinder.dont even know if its any good but i want to take the big dish down and am considering saving the electric cylinder and control.has anyone had any experience with these?if so are they normaly strong enough to be of any use? :whistle: if its worth keeping im thinking it could make a fairly cheap lift cylinder. B)

BairleaFarm

Its strong enough but I think it may be 110v????

Teddy da Bear

You could always buy an inverter to change your battery power to 110v.

It sure beats having to work within an extension cord length. B)

• Like 1

WheelHorse_of_course

B) Yes, this would probably work. I bought one to play with this spring but just haven't found the time (though the weight of the box grader got me back to thinkng about it, and even got it out of "storage" (e.g. found it again under all the stuff in the garage!).

Most of these run on 32 or 36 volts. However they are likely to work on a much smaller voltage, albeit much more slowly.

My though was to connect it from the mid hitch to the bellcrank tang normally used for the snow blower flag (would require an adapter sort sort of like a snow blower flag). This would be with an 18" or smaller linear actuator.

Of course this would work for everything but mid mount attachments.

:whistle: Give me some time, or if you proceed I'll be happy to discuss with you B)

garybllrdr

been tinkering with this ideal myslef for my snowblower and using a 12v linear actuator you can find them that can push pull and hold a load from 30lbs up to 3000 lbs as well as the diffrent rate of travels ebay has alot of good ones 500lbs and such listed by now from 70 -200 and up, not sure on the weight of the snow blower but i know it feels like a ton when tryng to use the manual lift with it lol. i was thinking of making a braket that would attch to the plow braket on the tractor axle and then to the flag on the blower lift arm ( concern here would be the snow water ect on the actuator) which could be incased in some sort of box with a boot for the actuator arm to travel through, doing it this way you wouldnt have to remove or mess with the factory manual lift handle, but also now i have seen where the elctric lift kit mounts on a wheeljhorse from the pictures section also thinking making a braket to mount it in this area for the snowblower only just have to do some more reasearch and thinking

Also have access to a hydraulic pump and cylinder of a diffrent tracot make actually a couple so thats another thought and look im checking on pump is belt driven also, i fully intend to have something figured out in the next month or so so i can test which everr i do and make sure it works good before winter as my wheelhorse and blower may be doing some regualr snowclearing besides my own home this winter

WheelHorse_of_course

You think the blower is heavy? B)

Mine is light compared to the Brinly box grader. OK, so part of the reason it is so heavy is that I use a slot to sleeve adapter which puts it further out. B)

Many of these actuators are pretty well adapted to weather and you can get an accordian sleeve to protect the actual shaft from rust.

Sounds like between us we'll have some working solutions before long... :whistle:

rustyoldjunk

i have used inverters to change change current from 110 to battery when i was driving a truck around the country and i believe an inverter setup would work fine (i hope).right now i i have an inverter in the shop that turns battery equitment to 110 so i can test and or work on automotive electronics.WheelHorse of course,i dont know how fast i will get to it with work and everything else to get done around here so if you get to it ahead of me let me know what you find and i will do the same.