chris11

Complete restore panzer

chris11

1961 Panzer t70 i got this it was painted red and engine needed rebuild. I got all engine parts from napa, I sand blasted the chassis and found pin holes on the bottom of the tubing. They had been full of dirt mud grass and water rotted the frame out.No way to repair it. so i made 2 new frame rails for it and welded them to the rear axle. set it up in milling machine and drilled all the holes. The tubing on these tractors where made from black pipe, gas pipe odd size so i picked up some from lowes. well heres the frame now. after having this thing for three years. I got some paint on it. 2012-11-20075756_zps7086a8b8.jpg2012-11-20075729_zps99b50e39.jpg2012-11-20075740_zps56fda0c4.jpg I have a brand new NOS deck for it too.rear diff i put bearings seals new brake linings and made new front spindles.

• Like 5

AMC RULES

Well worth the wait...three whole years worth of...AWESOME! :handgestures-thumbsup:

Kelly

nice job, I kick myself everytime I see one of these, I passed on one a few years back in ruff shape missing the engine for $25

Jake Kuhn

Looks awesome chris! :bow-blue:

Sparky

As usual Chris ... :eusa-clap: ....great job so far!

Mike......

grnlark

Looks sweet Chris! I saw your message. No extra decks in stock but let me check with a friend of mine tomorrow.

chris11

Thank you guys im going to do my rj after this one. Glad you like it.panzer005.jpgpanzer006.jpg2012-12-14165522_zps3687b860.jpg

• Like 3

312Hydro

I really like those Panzers. I think it's the color. Great job as usual ,Chris. I passed on a Meteor about the time I was rebuilding the 312H. Not as nice as your early model though and I didn't know much about them.

VinsRJ

Wow, that thing looks great!

KATO

Amazing !! :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Duff

As always, Chris, awesome craftsmanship and attention to detail! That is going to be one beautiful machine when completed! :bow-blue:

Duff :thumbs: :thumbs:

chris11

you to good to me Duff, hope all is well.

Ken B

I can't wait to see the end results on this one, it is looking much better than new! Awesome work.

fireman

I can't wait to see the end results on this one, it is looking much better than new! Awesome work.

Second that Ken. The paint looks perfect! Nice job Chris!

Zeek

That is beautiful! I LOVE PANZERS :music-rockout:

chris11

engine got new rings seals and gasket, also rebuilt carb.1217101809_zps31fd0060.jpg

• Like 1

Ken B

Man that Briggs looks awesome. They are a great motor!

Lars

Wow thats sure gone be an awesome tractor!!!!

rexman72

thanks for sharing with us

JunkHeap

That is one gorgeous tractor! Do you have any before photos? I have a basket-case with the 8hp Kohler in the cue to restore.

chris11

only picture i took of it when it was painted red. wished i saved a part of the frame bottom was roted right threw.1023101614_zps195ef711.jpg

Anglo Traction

Never seen one of these. Got to say:- Superior workmanship :bow-blue: , Great Tractor design and super cool colour :handgestures-thumbup: . . They remind me of the UK Uni-Horse Tractors of the same era. Look forward to seeing it in all it's completed glory.

chris11

They used early dodge chry plym rear axles 1947 to 1953 and i think the took the color from them too. that the same as the dodge color.

JunkHeap

Beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished product. I also love how they have the hand clutch. Great work! :bow-blue:

JC 1965

Wow !! That really looks great. Thanks for sharing the pics. Can't wait to see it all back together. :thumbs2: