Sign in to follow this  
redmosquito1

Plow help needed

redmosquito1

I went to mount up my plow to my c/b100 this afternoon and can't seem to get the plow into the rear attachamatic bracket. Seems the rod that is in the rear of the plow is to thick, is that possible? Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks

Sparky

Hmmm....never heard that before. Maybe someone replaced the rear bar with one that's a bit thicker. Or do you have a rear axle bracket off an older early 60's machine? Not sure if they are different....just tossing out ideas.

I have fought with one that wouldn't go into the rear hitch slots so I got a jack under the bar and used it to lift it in to place.

Mike...........

varosd

any pictures? make sure that the plow frame is straight as sometimes you can close one of the bracket locks but not the other until you ensure everything is straight. is this a new set up or same rig as last year?

Mike beat me to it. I use a jack also! :D

Trouty56

Ummmm.....Sparky stole my thunder....I use a jack too....makes it easier. Sometimes a third arm is helpful.....

varosd

Hmmm....never heard that before. Maybe someone replaced the rear bar with one that's a bit thicker. Or do you have a rear axle bracket off an older early 60's machine? Not sure if they are different....just tossing out ideas.

I have fought with one that wouldn't go into the rear hitch slots so I got a jack under the bar and used it to lift it in to place.

Mike...........

rearhitchinst_zpsc549bcd6.jpg

you should have this type rear bracket.

redmosquito1

I think its square in the tractor, I'll recheck it in a few. I can snap some pics later on, dark out now. New set up, bought the tractor in the spring and got the plow shortly after but never mounted it up. Now winter is here and I need it. Shoulda done this when it was warm, lol.

Yeah that's my bracket.

Wyattrrp

Several times mounting the rear attach-a-matic dozer/plow I needed to wrestle the blade a bit left right to be in the correct position so the cross bar is centered in both slots so the bracket locks can easily rotate to lock it in up position. Once in position does it then easily slides up and out proving the correct slot size and correct bar size? If not then perhaps the bar is a bit too thick diameter and could be ground a bit on front and back of the bar if the blade aligns front to back ok.

cheesegrader

Check to see if the mounting bolts for your bracket are blocking the plow from seating properly.

I had one bolt head that was slightly thicker than the others, and it hit against the plow frame just enough to block the attachment bar from entering completely.

Kelly

If all else fails remove the mount to be sure it fits on the blade correctly, I've had bent mounting brackets.

JimmyJam

As Kelly has said: it's easy to bend the mounts... especially if you are using a jack! I've jacked the rear to remove the tires for chains and inadvertently bent the mounts.

Butch

I've had that same problem. I know when I try to attach my plow to the rear and it's not perfectly aligned it feels like the bar on the plow is too big. Even those two keeper things that swing down feel too small. I think he has the right size everything. He just doesn't have the plow perfectly aligned with the rear attachamatic. And that plow is heavy to align.

TT

I store my 48" plow in two pieces - separated at the pivot bolt.

To install mine, I slide the the 'A' frame back under the front axle and guide the angle lever up in front of the footrest in the process.

Once the frame is under the tractor and centered as much as possible in front, I can usually push the mounting bar up into the rear hitch with one hand.

After the latches are closed, I hook up the lift link and raise the 'A' frame slightly. I then slide the blade and angle quadrant assembly back into the end of the 'A' frame and install the pivot bolt & nut. The angle rod is inserted in the hole in the lever and locked in place by a "hairpin".

THE END, :D

ericj

i remove the blade from my plows for storage just pull the 2 rods out that go through the blade this makes moving the plow easier but some days u just fight it to go and then this year i was surprised how easy all 3 of mine went on. when they are straight in line they fall right up in ... are the levers both up far enough they sometimes fall down just enough to prevent the bar from going in

eric

redmosquito1

Quick update, after playing around with it I got it to latch in. As was suggested it was slightly crooked in the tractor and once aligned it took some force but went it nicely. Thanks for the help guys, need to charge the battery and I'll be ready for the supposed 3"-6" we have coming this week.

• Like 1

varosd

Great! I always have look at the manuals each Winter! I aim to switch out those pesky cotter pins, off the attach hitch, to a wire spring clip I think its 1/8 size. :rolleyes: