Sign in to follow this  
BOWTIE

WHAT STATE SOLD THE MOST WHEEL HORSES

BOWTIE

I WAS READING RED SQUARE TONIGHT AND SOMEONE SAID CONNECTICUT HAS THE MOST NOW. HOW ABOUT WHEN THEY SOLD THEM NEW. IT LOOKS LIKE INDIANNA AND OHIO HAVE A LOT OF TRACTORS NOW. IS THERE ANY RECORDS ON THIS?

BOWTIE IN OHIO

Sparky

If I had to guess I would think Pennsylvania would be the state with the most WH's sold in it. Connecticut might be a distant second (we are a small state).

Mike........

BOWTIE

IN THE 70's-80s HERE IN COLUMBUS,OHIO WE HAD ABOUT 6-8 DEALERS IN A 25 MILE RADIUS. WE NOW HAVE 2 FULL SERVICE TORO DEALERS LEFT.

BOWTIE.

wp205a

Not Alabama. I remember one from my youth, and the one I now have.

1965 855

My moneys on Ohio, Sure seems like a lot of them are here in the buckeye state.

Torino

I would not doubt Penn. or Ohio there are alot of GTs in those two states at least according to Ebay. When I look there always seem to be a lot of good tractors in Penn.

• Like 1

SALTYWRIGHT

I SOLD WHEEL HORSES IN CT. IN THE 50 AND 60S IN GREENWICH, CT. WE SOLD ALOT OF THEM. WE WERE THE FIRST DEALER IN NEW ENGLAND.

• Like 1

BOWTIE

MY FATHER BOUGHT OUR FIRST WHEEL HORSE IN 1959 I WAS 4 YEARS OLD. I DON'T REMEMBER THE DEALERS NAME, IT WAS HERE IN COLUMBUS,OHIO. BACK IN THE 70'S MOST OF THE TRACTORS ON MY STREET WERE WHEEL HORSES AROUND 6 OF THEM.

• Like 1

rmaynard

If the current availability of used Wheel Horses for sale is any gauge of new units sold, Maryland must be one of states with the lowest numbers.

BOWTIE

I JUST CHECKED MY CRAIGSLIST HERE IN COLUMBUS WITHIN A 60 MILES AND THERE ARE 15 TRACTORS AND 5 ATTACHWENTS AVAILABLE.

• Like 1

whfan74

When dad was in business in Michigan until 1994, they were continually told from the reps that PA was the leader in sales.

refracman

I have to say Ohio.

Within our little group around the Toledo area, maybe 20 guys, we have over 300 units. The biggest collection has over a 100, the second has close to 80 and third has around 50. A few of us are up around 20, down to 4 or 5. Most if not all tractors are from a fifty mile radius. I will have to admit not many pre 60 tractors around but from then on up there's a but load.

The dealer that was down the road sold 360 in one year and it was not uncommon for them to sell over 200 a year.

• Like 2

Jim_M

Indiana wins on a technicality. The factory was in in Indiana, the dealers had to buy them from the factory, therefore Indiana wins.

• Like 3

bewford

Indiana wins on a technicality. The factory was in in Indiana, the dealers had to buy them from the factory, therefore Indiana wins.

AGREED!!!!!!!!!

Racinbob

Cool Bowtie. My father bought his first in 1960 when I was 4. They have been a passion of mine since. It makes me ill thinking about the stable I had....and sold when we moved here 12 years ago. Jim M may have a point there. Being a displaced Hoosier I'd like to agree but Pennsylvania seems like it has the most given it's size. I assure you, Florida has to be dead last. Just ask a native if he knows what a Wheel Horse is and he'll look at you like you're from outer space.

AMC RULES

I'm doing all I can over here, to put NY on the :wh: map too. :)

• Like 2

Ken B

I gave Craigslist Ohio a peek, it looks like Ohio is Chock full o Horse's! The secret is out.

krazy_horse

I'm doing all I can over here, to put NY on the :wh: map too. :)

Yea, I am doing my share in Ga. also, the more the better! haha krazy_horse

Tankman

Certainly a lot of Stallions here in PA. I only have four, Commando 800 went astray recently.

Nice to see our Horses aren't retiring in the pastures! They're still workin'!

littleredrider

There is a dealer not far from that used to sell horses. I called him looking for parts, and got BS'n, he told me he sold the most horses in NYS for a couple years in a row. I can't remember how many or when it was, but it was a lot!!! Every city in NY craigslist has at least one usually...

marvairplanes

I have to say Ohio.

Within our little group around the Toledo area, maybe 20 guys, we have over 300 units. The biggest collection has over a 100, the second has close to 80 and third has around 50. A few of us are up around 20, down to 4 or 5. Most if not all tractors are from a fifty mile radius. I will have to admit not many pre 60 tractors around but from then on up there's a but load.

The dealer that was down the road sold 360 in one year and it was not uncommon for them to sell over 200 a year.

Hi Refracman ....

How about the story on JONES WHEEL HORSE, in Waterville.(Toledo suburb)..Supposed to have been the largest Wheel Horse dealer in the Nation !

I still have a tractor with his decal..."Anything on trade that doesn't eat!".

• Like 1

can whlvr

up here in ontario we didnt set any records but there was quite a few,its not all that far to south bend from the border

whc160

I gave Craigslist Ohio a peek, it looks like Ohio is Chock full o Horse's! The secret is out.

:banghead: Oh No ! The secret is out. When I was a kid there were five dealers within a 25 miles of each other. Don't know what number Ohio would be but there are alot of :wh: in my area.

BOWTIE

I BEEN OVER 24 HOURS NOW SINCE I ASKED THE THIS QUESTION. I GUESS IT IS OHIO,PA OR NY. I'M SURE SOME YEARS, SOME STATES DID BETTER THEN OTHERS. NOBODY SEEMS TO HAVE THE ANSWER.

BOWTIE IN OHIO

groundhog47

I WAS READING RED SQUARE TONIGHT AND SOMEONE SAID CONNECTICUT HAS THE MOST NOW. HOW ABOUT WHEN THEY SOLD THEM NEW. IT LOOKS LIKE INDIANNA AND OHIO HAVE A LOT OF TRACTORS NOW. IS THERE ANY RECORDS ON THIS?

BOWTIE IN OHIO

How about :twocents-02cents: who sold the least and I have 1 of those 3 and gave 1 other away :ychain: Edited by groundhog47