Sign in to follow this  
glgrumpy

Calendar........confused?!

glgrumpy

OK, see Calendar to download. Thought someone was making one up to BUY!? So, if not, what do you do with the download exactly? Can save it, print it on reg paper? but not that nice really. What's the plan for people to do with it?

woodchuckfarmer

print it on 8.5 x 11 photo paper and use it.

squonk

Any one can down load it for free and print out. Not every one has a nice printer. Then you have to buy the photo paper and put it together your self. I offered the same calendar all done and sell it at cost. Sending out 30 ++ this year. To each his own

nylyon

I did look into getting the calendars printed, but due to the expense we couldn't do it (we don't have the money in reserve to print enough calendars or man (kid) power to mail them out).

rmaynard

I downloaded the .pdf file, sent it to my el cheapo black & white, 2-sided printer, and made a wonderful calendar that I can either staple the edge or punch a few holes, stick some paper clips through the holes and hang it up. Even it black and white it is a good looking calendar.

Can't wait for my full-color printed copy to arrive from Mike.

• Like 1

Trouty56

You can upload the file to.... http://www.fedex.com...ffice&HBX_OU=50

Once uploaded select custom printing....double sided.....coil or comb binding....no cover and pick it up at a fedex facility....cost about 25 bucks.

You can select standard laser in paper selections and drop the price to less than 20......

Edited by Trouty56
  • Like 1

Trouty56

Probably Staples online has the same thing...

squonk

Ok. Here's a little history about getting the calendars professionally done.

Last year after the calendar was available for down load. I did so and found out my 704 was in it. My brother owns a printing business and I asked him how much trouble it would be to have him print it out nice so I would have a keep sake. He said it's almost as much trouble to do 1 as it is to do 1000. Most of the labor is in the set up. Then the purple dinosaur in Illinois, steveasauras fell off of his rickety ladder and broke his hip. I found out thru this forum he was going to be laid up for a while and in a lot of pain. I had never met Steve. but I could tell by the way he was being harassed by forum members that he must be a great guy! Even if he is a Bears fan! I decided then I would send him one and give out some more to some of the great guys I have met or gotten invaluable help here with my tractor issues. Steve called me one night and told me how much it meant to him. I still never met the guy but I knew I made a friend for life. He asked me if he could buy 6 more and after twisting my brother's arm a little he stopped what they were doing and ran them off.

They came out so good I decided to investigate offering them to everybody. My brother said he would charge me the cost of the materials and paying the computer/setup man. I guessed I would need about 30 and I was right. I had about 40 responses wanting them but only 20 paid. I'm giving out 9 out of my own pocket to guys here that I have met this year and some special and deserving ones that make this place what it is with all the help (Bob, Brian) Keeping the site going (Karl) the calendar file itself (Justin) WH Mid West (Scott) and of course the ball busting (Steve, Craig) ect.

They hope to start on the printing process Monday. Depends on what other jobs are still in the works. I called my brother yesterday to check on the schedule but he's in Jersey going to the Saint's/Giants game. I hope to get them all out before the holiday. I'll keep my fingers crossed

Merry Christmas to all and to all KEEP THEM HORSES WARM AND RUNNING!!!

Mike (squonk) (I know, what's a squonk)

• Like 9

AMC RULES

I'm pretty sure it's Indian for "great :wh: guy" :twocents-twocents:

• Like 3

squonk

I'm pretty sure it's Indian for "great :wh: guy" :twocents-twocents:

Must be I have a "little Tecky" in me still :jaw:
  • Like 1

Racinbob

I made mine up this morning. Photo paper and a mid level inkjet printer on two sided photo paper. Takes 13 sheets. Print out the odd pages first and then the even pages. Just make sure you put the printed pages back in the printer properly so the calendar 'flips' correctly. I only had to do January over to learn. A friend has the little punch gizmo to put the plastic binder thingies (technical talk) on it and I'll be set to go. Thanks to all that made this calendar available. It's great!

stevasaurus

When I get the calendar from Squonk last year, I was overwhelmed. What he did not say is that we got together at the Big Show last year, and he is right...friends for life. Thanks again Mike...you are one special guy. :)

• Like 1

squonk

When I get the calendar from Squonk last year, I was overwhelmed. What he did not say is that we got together at the Big Show last year, and he is right...friends for life. Thanks again Mike...you are one special guy. :)

Even though I'm a Packer Fan!!!!!! :) :) :)icon_gopack.gif Thanks Steve! :bow-blue:
  • Like 1

wingrider

Thanks for the update, I hope I'm in the list that are getting one. I got your email so I guess I'm in.

Waiting on Pins&Needles for its arrival.

Wingrider

squonk

Thanks for the update, I hope I'm in the list that are getting one. I got your email so I guess I'm in.

Waiting on Pins&Needles for its arrival.

Wingrider

Yes, you paid for it so it's going to be printed and sent. :)

varosd

Then the purple dinosaur in Illinois, steveasauras fell off of his rickety ladder and broke his hip. I found out thru this forum he was going to be laid up for a while and in a lot of pain. I had never met Steve. but I could tell by the way he was being harassed by forum members that he must be a great guy!

Mike,

"I just have to fold the napkin like this.......Owwww! papercut! papercut!" Calender? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

squonk

I figured he need something to look at at the hospital besides old Good Housekeeping magazines. :)

varosd

I figured he need something to look at at the hospital besides old Good Housekeeping magazines. :)

or that all time best seller "Colonoscopy and you" from Annals of Proctology volume 3, Sept 2011

• Like 2

Vinylguy

I downloaded the calendar this afternoon and was so impressed with the pictures I had to create a banner for my shop.

You can not imagine how many of my customers who come in the shop ask what a Wheel Horse is. Now I can show them

what all the decals go on to bring these American Icons back to life. Problem is it is a big banner. 2 1/2 ft x 5 ft and I am running out of room to display it.

But I will find a wall. LOL Great job on the calendar :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

gallery_74_128_186195.png

• Like 8

nylyon

That's really nice Terry!

varosd

I downloaded the calendar this afternoon and was so impressed with the pictures I had to create a banner for my shop.

You can not imagine how many of my customers who come in the shop ask what a Wheel Horse is. Now I can show them

what all the decals go on to bring these American Icons back to life. Problem is it is a big banner. 2 1/2 ft x 5 ft and I am running out of room to display it.

But I will find a wall. LOL Great job on the calendar :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Now that is a calendar Terry! !!

I have my whole office in touch with their "inner Wheel Horse self"! my computer screen show, background is always RED! :D

nylyon

That's the first time I've heard your voice, and it is way cool!

nylyon

It really came out beautiful, and I love the puppy!

Trouty56

Squonk....please don't think I was talking your calendars down.....I'm sure they are awesome....but the Grumpy sounded like he wanted a calendar and I offered a solution. I reread what I posted and thought maybe it was mistook for whatever.....anyway...you get the idea.. :)