Sign in to follow this  
perry

get'in their winter clothes on.

perry

got the landlord all complete and ready for winter. i have 3 wheel horse's to suit up with plows still yet. im going to leave the plow off the cub cadet for this year. after all im only 1 person. so that'll leave 3 seats open[:D] any takers[?]. but atleast ill be ready for any break downs. shove one in a snow bank and jump on the next[:P]......

landlord went from this:

misctractorpics037.jpg

to this:

gen001-1.jpg

T-Mo

Even though it's not a WH, nor even a JD, I still like it. Is the picture of the "after" tractor recent or is that last year's snow?

Never mind I see the date on the second photo - it looks like you guys got snow already.

nylyon

Those are some agressive front tires with the chains. You already got some snow to test things out with huh? They're calling for some here on Sunday, but then it's supposed to change to a mix and rain. I just hope there's enough to test out the new snow thrower. My middle girl Brittany is already begging me to let her use the blower tractor. Ah the good ole' days are almost here.... :D

kj4kicks

Very Nice !

I've never used a mid-mount blade, but I would think a front plow would do better in the snow than a mid-mount.

Eldon.

CasualObserver

OOHHHH.... here comes the snow for me!!!! snowing.gif I think I'm gonna throw the blade on my Suburban and play just for fun!

snowforcast.jpg

jason in SE Minnesota

Curmudgeon

Very Nice !

I've never used a mid-mount blade, but I would think a front plow would do better in the snow than a mid-mount.

Eldon.

You're right Eldon, mid-mounts don't work worth a bent..., well, let's just say they are great for grading your driveway, but not snow removal.

For one thing, very little snow can be pushed UNDER the tractor. Another, try pulling the front wheels back through it after you've pushed up a hard ridge only serves to redistribute the snow. Been there, tried it just for kicks.

Now if you were only talking a dusting of snow, it might work. But unless there are at least several inches, I've found the easiest way is to just drive through it until it packs down. Not going to catch me out there unless I HAVE to be.

Dale, in snowy Michigan

Curmudgeon

Call me slow, but isn't this in the wrong thread? I see a Simplicity, but no Wheel Horses................ 'cept a grill in the background.

Dale

nylyon

Call me slow, but isn't this in the wrong thread? I see a Simplicity, but no Wheel Horses................ 'cept a grill in the background.

Yep, ain't no Wheel Horses in here, got to go to the Other Brands... Got to get your horses saddled up now....