Sign in to follow this  
COMMANDO1

HORSE BARN

COMMANDO1

SINCE I LIKE OLD IRON, decided thet i needed more space. pretty low on funds (2 back surgerys) what is my option?????? went net serching and found pallet sheds. Started collecting this spring and this is the result. What do u guys think. is a 12 x 16

IMG_1798.jpgIMG_0667.jpgIMG_2709.jpgIMG_8304.jpgIMG_3019.jpg

• Like 2

Tankman

Never heard of a pallet shed but, I'm a believer after viewin' your photos.

Very nice work, and probably better than a store bought too!

Got enough slope on the roof? Guess you're in Mass, snowy.

Good luck with the new Horse Barn! More pic's later would be nice. :-)

Hope the back feels good today and tomorrow. Merry Christmas!

bk-scouter

How easy was getting the building permit for it?

-BK

COMMANDO1

yes low slope,but im on 12" centers. no permit required is still considered portable. i have the rest of the material, left over siding from house, shingles left over..... total $320.00

clemedc

Nice horse shed :handgestures-thumbupright:

krazy_horse

Great idea and keeping them out of the weather sure saves them. Me likie!! krazy_horse

Tankman

And now, the question. What series Horses will be livin' in The Barn?

With the low ceiling, where's the hay loft? :-)

COMMANDO1

Its sheated in 1/2 plywood, will get finished this spring. It will be left over siding from house and also left over house shingles. I currently have a commando 8, ford lgt100 and an alis chalmers homesteader (which will get thw first rebuild)for my wife.

Don1977

I don't think shingles will work on that low a slope. The minimum slope for shingles is 2 1/2" in 12". You need roll roofing or metal on that low a slope.

Tankman

I don't think shingles will work on that low a slope. The minimum slope for shingles is 2 1/2" in 12". You need roll roofing or metal on that low a slope.

Looks like long rafters to the peak of the building the shed is against. But, wouldn't be portable any longer.

I like the idea, "metal on that low a slope."

Jake Kuhn

Looks like a great place to keep them! :handgestures-thumbup:

COMMANDO1

THE WHOLE ROOF WILL BE COVERED WITH ICE AND WATER SHIELD THEN SHINGLES, IF THAT DONT WORK THEN ILL PUT SOME METAL DOWN.

Duff

Now that is a great use of readily available materials, and at a good price to boot! Nice work!

Duff :thumbs: :thumbs:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Travas
      By Travas
      Hello everone reading this. Im currently in the process of building a race mower out of a front engine 8-32 toro. It was sitting outside for the longest time because of a broken axle. It believe it has a vertiical 8 hp b&s that had running. Here is some some photos of it.  I put a bifferent transaxle in because it was spare one laying around. I put it on and it fits pretty well. Altho i had to remove all the clutch and shifter parts to get it in, but hey it works. I got a wheel on and tried getting the other off the axle it was on. So i put it in the press and tried for about a half hour before in popped loose. After that it took me about 15 mins and got it off. It was really  rusted on there! Put it on the transaxle to how it fits and looks. Now im in the process of drilling a hole the axle for the key in the wheels. Any suggestions or ideas? I will update this project when do some more work on it. 

• mmmmmdonuts
      By mmmmmdonuts
      I have approximately an 10x12 lean to shed attached to my house on the side of my side loading garage. I currently have a double door that is 6' wide by 6x10" high. The problem I am having is the door starting to fall apart. It is also framed very heavily with 2x6s. So I am currently looking to either do another double door or a garage door. Part of the reason the door is getting damaged in the first place is because water pools at the bottom of the door in the winter and freezes and I have to basically heat and or chisel the ice away. It is where I store my snowblower. 

My wife ruled out a sliding barn door and a roll up door mainly for appearance purposes.

I was starting to lean to a 8w x7h regular garage door but see a few cons. 

1) It would block the light when up. 
      2) I would lose quite of bit overhead storage and about 2 feet of wall space.
      3) There would be much more work reframing parts of the wall to fit the door.

Pros.
      1) I could fit my wheel horse plow and snowblower side by side. 
      2) Shouldn't freeze to the concrete as easily with a rubber seal. 
      3) Don't have to shovel out the doors to get the snowblower out. 

I was wondering what thoughts you guys had on and if I am missing something.

Thanks. 

• Pullstart
      By Pullstart
      Pretty soon, the tractors will have a place for everything and everything in it’s place!

We put up another section of racking and it will allow for some custom pallets at 66” long and 44” wide to store tractors 3-wide in the racking.  The closest green upright is 9’ tall, it’ll be a shell for the buggy to rest on top of 

• shallowwatersailor
      By shallowwatersailor
      This is probably silly but I was made very happy today. The new shed that I had planned on getting since January was finally installed, six weeks after ordering it. It almost didn't happen though due to the HOA that I now have to live under! They were upset with my submittal to them as it didn't have enough information. Also, even though the city was fine with partially encroaching on an underground drainage easement, the HOA wanted it out of the easement completely. The pad was done the other day before approval which also irritated them. Luckily common sense prevailed. Th trailer by Pine Hill is really neat as it can move sideways with the lateral set of tires underneath.

It is a 10' x 16' shed with an 8' workbench and 4' loft at one end. I had to match the house color and, of course, architectural shingles. Now to landscape around it and load everything in to it! Especially the new-to-me 314-8.

About two hours later the sky opened up with a quick thunderstorm to baptize it.  There is an 18" culvert that dumps right there.Even though it looks close, the bottom is about a foot higher and six feet away from the water.

• Jim Demery
      By Jim Demery
      I have a small problem with my garage being a little too full of tractors every fall. This year my plan is to build a rack big enough to store 4 tractors on the floor with room for 4 more overhead. 

If anyone on Redsquare has anything like that already in service, pictures would be greatly appreciated.