SINCE I LIKE OLD IRON, decided thet i needed more space. pretty low on funds (2 back surgerys) what is my option?????? went net serching and found pallet sheds. Started collecting this spring and this is the result. What do u guys think. is a 12 x 16

IMG_1798.jpgIMG_0667.jpgIMG_2709.jpgIMG_8304.jpgIMG_3019.jpg

• Like 2

Never heard of a pallet shed but, I'm a believer after viewin' your photos.

Very nice work, and probably better than a store bought too!

Got enough slope on the roof? Guess you're in Mass, snowy.

Good luck with the new Horse Barn! More pic's later would be nice. :-)

Hope the back feels good today and tomorrow. Merry Christmas!

yes low slope,but im on 12" centers. no permit required is still considered portable. i have the rest of the material, left over siding from house, shingles left over..... total $320.00

Great idea and keeping them out of the weather sure saves them. Me likie!! krazy_horse

And now, the question. What series Horses will be livin' in The Barn?

With the low ceiling, where's the hay loft? :-)

Its sheated in 1/2 plywood, will get finished this spring. It will be left over siding from house and also left over house shingles. I currently have a commando 8, ford lgt100 and an alis chalmers homesteader (which will get thw first rebuild)for my wife.

I don't think shingles will work on that low a slope. The minimum slope for shingles is 2 1/2" in 12". You need roll roofing or metal on that low a slope.

I don't think shingles will work on that low a slope. The minimum slope for shingles is 2 1/2" in 12". You need roll roofing or metal on that low a slope.

Looks like long rafters to the peak of the building the shed is against. But, wouldn't be portable any longer.

I like the idea, "metal on that low a slope."

THE WHOLE ROOF WILL BE COVERED WITH ICE AND WATER SHIELD THEN SHINGLES, IF THAT DONT WORK THEN ILL PUT SOME METAL DOWN.

Now that is a great use of readily available materials, and at a good price to boot! Nice work!

Duff :thumbs: :thumbs:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jim Demery
      I have a small problem with my garage being a little too full of tractors every fall. This year my plan is to build a rack big enough to store 4 tractors on the floor with room for 4 more overhead. 

If anyone on Redsquare has anything like that already in service, pictures would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By leeave96
      Need some recommendations on a new shed. I'm looking at putting up one of these metal buildings - I might have posted this link sometime back to the manufacturer's website, but here it is again:

http://www.carolinacarportsinc.com/configurator/index

What I'd like to do is put up a building with two garage doors. There would be space equal to the width of the garage doors between the garage doors and the opposite sides of them. This would be on the long side of the building and descriptively is like this:

wall-space-door-space-door-space-wall

The idea is to put tractors, junk, pop-up camper, firewood, etc, to the extent possible out of the garage door lanes and that would be to either side of the two garage doors and the space between them.

So I have some questions:

- How tall should the building be? Nothing bigger than a 1/2 or 3/4 ton truck would in it.

- How deep (as you drive into it) is desirable? 20ft, 24ft - looking for some reasonable depth such that I can pull in a vehicle and yet not be so crowded that I can't work around it or even move a tractor around the end of it?

- how wide should be garage doors be? I'd like to get a full size truck through them without being so narrow that I'd smash a mirror.

- If you look at the website, they offer vertical or horizontal siding. I'm thinking vertical. Don't know if this is better for looks or strength or both. What you do think?

- I'd like to put this building on a concrete pad. Question is - how thick and what type - rebar or concrete with fiber or both.

This is just in the planning stage - not sure I'll do it, but I want to figure out what experience others have with their garages, and lessons learned from theirs you can share.
    • By bgh5469
      Hey guys wanted to get some opinions on my upcoming detatched dream garage build. I am planning to have 24x28 garage built for my hobbie shop(wheel horses and cars). My question is what kind of foundation should i do. I am in northern indiana and have been told i can build on a monolithic slab(thickened structural slab on grade) or traditional footings with a floating slab. My local building code allows both types for detached structures.  I  prefer footings since they get below the frost line but they are significantlying more expensive. Does anyone have any past experience with a monolithic slab foundations. I don't want to cheap out on my foundation, but if i go with footings I will have give up some other features I wanted.
    • By prondzy
      Ok guys, now that we are all stuck indoors for the most part, an i recently sold my house and i am between houses, lets see those garages. This thread is not an i spy contest keep those comments to yourself. I want to see your garage/shop and see how you best "use" your space. I am only doing this for space efficient, cool ideas and how big is your space roughly, again NO POINTING OUT STUFF ON SHELVES!