Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyO64

Need help with a Snow Blade Lever Index Question

JohnnyO64

I have a 1977 C120 8 spd Wheel Horse which I just finished a light restortation this past spring. I am putting the 1974 Snow Blade (6-4112) aka (6-4114). The level index when I got the snow blade was the incorrect one. I needed the one with the 90 degree bend in it, part # 104340 according to the manual. I ordered from toro the new part (104340) and they sent me the replacement part (94-6686-01). Which they said when I called them it should fit and thats all they have. When I attached the blade to the tractor, the index lever seems to hit just slightly, when putting the blade on its angels, it touches the PTO pulleys on the main shaft and then slightly hits the brake pedal also. So I ask to all my Red Sqaure Guru's, is it me... ??? Did I put the lever on the wrong way, backwards or am I missing something. Any thoughts would be appricieated. I am trying to add some pictures so you can see what I am talking about. Maybe its something that I just live with......I dunno ??? Thanks John in CT.

JohnnyO64

trying to post some shots... not sure how well this can be seen, my first time doing this. Sorry if its not too good.

post-6082-0-55323100-1354822487.jpg

post-6082-0-39880700-1354822501.jpg

post-6082-0-26588900-1354822515.jpg

varosd

the angle lever seems to have a lot of bends compared to my mid 80's Snow blade lever. coming up from the far end(bottom) it seems to have a Inward bend that my mine doesn't have.

plow2.jpg

Kelly

That is the new style handle, I can't offer exact info on that one, but the older style like the one posted right below yours, I've had to bend/tweek the handle a little so it clears everything the way it should.

varosd

That is the new style handle, I can't offer exact info on that one, but the older style like the one posted right below yours, I've had to bend/tweek the handle a little so it clears everything the way it should.

Kelly is right, I had to adjust the handle switching from my B-80 to the 520-H.

KC9KAS

I made a new lever for a front plow on my GT-14......It has custom bends all the way!