HarleyFX

Wheel Horse Cigarette Lighter

HarleyFX

Does anyone make reproductions of or know I can get a Wheel Horse cigarette lighter. Thanks

neil

Try that auction site , they do come up quite often , there was a brand new one still in box a week or so ago

jdog_kustoms

i have a couple used ones in great shape send me a pm

JackC

New and used ones come up on eBay now and then. I have a few I might part with if you can't find one from other sources.

KC9KAS

:WRS:

JamesBe1

How would you go about installing one if there isn't already a hole in the dash for it? Would there be any drilling or cutting involved?

Kelly

yes you would have to drill a hole about 3/4" maybe 7/8" not sure with looking, and make sure the body of the socket is grounded, and run a hot wire to the socket, I'd fuse it.

Tankman

How would you go about installing one if there isn't already a hole in the dash for it? Would there be any drilling or cutting involved?

A Greenlee chassis punch would make a perfect hole. Just be sure there's nothing or enough room behind the dash where you want to install the lighter. I had a set of punches, now only have a few common sizes; i.e.: 3/4".

I'm guessin' any lighter from the auto parts store would work. Fuse it.

http://www.markertek.com/Tools-Test-Equipment/Chassis-Punches-Dies/Greenlee/730BB-3-4-INCH.xhtml

Hammerhead

I bought about 13 NOS WH cigar lighters a couple years ago on the ebay. I sold a few for over $50.00 each but I am keeping all I have left. One of my favorite cool factory made WH parts ever made in my opinion! I also love them 953/1054 red tail lights! I have a couple NOS one's of them but no plans on selling them either, just like to hoard rare stuff! KJ

BOWTIE

HELLO, IF YOU ARE INSTALLING ON A B8O OR A MODEL CLOSE TH THAT. THE HOLE IS THERE IN THE METAL BACKING AND PLASTIC DASH HAS PATTERN IN IT FOR AKNOCK. MY 1975 B80 HAD THAT. I USE IT TO CHARGE MY BATTERY DURING WINTER STORAGE. IT MAKES IT SIMPLE.

BOWTIE

evanloock

I bought about 13 NOS WH cigar lighters a couple years ago on the ebay. I sold a few for over $50.00 each but I am keeping all I have left. One of my favorite cool factory made WH parts ever made in my opinion! I also love them 953/1054 red tail lights! I have a couple NOS one's of them but no plans on selling them either, just like to hoard rare stuff! KJ

Wow that's really helpful.

If you find a used lighter be aware that the knob unscrews from the element section so you can replace a rusty or broken element. I've bought a new element from a local auto parts store such as Autozone.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Very nice. :text-goodpost:

Lane Ranger

And a Merry Chistmas to all...!!

Hammerhead

Well I figured since he had a few offers to sell him a lighter, I would brag about my cool WH items. If ya can't brag about your WH collection on a WH web site, then what the heck good is it! Feathers ruffled, thanks! LOL....

123GO

My 76 B-100 had the hole in the metal back plate as well. When I took dash off to paint it I drilled the same size hole in the plastic dash plate for one and now have a lighter. I'll find a 76 oem lighter later and unscrew the knob off it like evanlook pointed out.  Although I quit smoking 13yrs back I think its just cool to have one on a horse {quit cold turkey with no helpers I may add= Will power} :woohoo: ...

FYI: I also fused it, off the relay pos side were the factory lights switch was connected. I was'nt sure were they ran them?

Rydogg, Thank you very much for your great kindness too members. Guys like you are few and nun.

953 nut

Well I figured since he had a few offers to sell him a lighter, I would brag about my cool WH items. If ya can't brag about your WH collection on a WH web site, then what the heck good is it! Feathers ruffled, thanks! LOL....

I also have a 953 tail light that I won't sell, because it is on one of my 953s!

WheelHorseJunkie71

Curious,

Any particular model number for the lighter, for instance I have a 68 Commando 8???  I've noticed I have the 'lighter' hole and no lighter.

Thanks

Aaron

546cowboy

All this for a lighter. Personally I still carry a Zippo everywhere I go and a pack of Pall Malls. Everything I have is for sale. I have always been willing to help other owners if I have extras. That's what being a member here is about you know. :happy-jumpeveryone:

Edited by 546cowboy

123GO

Rydogg offered to "give" a Red Square member a part not "sell" it to him.

There is a big difference and very few guys that do that.