Sign in to follow this  
daemon2525

How does deck lift work.

daemon2525

I have aquired a deck for the 1057 and have it mounted and mows well.

However I have not figured out how the deck is suppose to lift.

It was suggested to me that I could simply connect a chain or something from the

lift arm to the deck. If I do that then it drags on the steering sector thingy.

Also, If I ignore the fact that the chain lifts improperly, then the deck hangs VERY tilted to one side.

What are the rubber things that are bolted to the deck bars for?

the deck looks like the one in the Gallery.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1293

thanks

Larry.

TT

The newer decks are designed to lift with a "T" bar that fastens through the frame on each side near the transaxle mounting plate. Your tractor frame does not have the holes to mount the "T" bar. The front of the bar has a pin sticking out one side that slips through the slotted hole in the deck carriage, just above the center pulley. An adjustable chain/eyebolt/trunnion connects the lift arm on the lever shaft to the "T" bar - about 6" back from the deck attachment pin.

In order for you to lift the newer deck with the 1057 lever, you will need to attach a lift chain to the forward-facing arm on the lift lever shaft. With it hanging straight down, it should be close to the rear cross bar of the deck mounting carriage. Use something like a heavy "S" hook to attach the other end of the chain to the crossbar.

The rubber bumpers are for tractors with running board-style footrests. They keep the deck from flopping around when the deck is in the travel position.

As far as the deck hanging crooked - you might need to get a newer style mid hitch (Attach-Matic) with less wear in the latches / openings. B)