Sign in to follow this  
Shuboxlover

Somtimes I wish...

squonk

In Central N.Y where I am there are very few WH's lately. And then They are all $900 and up. I scanned CL over towards NYC and they pop up all over. Don't want to drive the 5 hours one way though.

Ken B

Though there are many wheel Horse's here in CT. I can't remember the last time I bought one off of Craigs List. Most of the time they are simply over priced or its like Sparky said, lots of competition due to many guys in the area that are interested in Wheel Horse's as well. Most of the tractors I currently own were bought thru word of mouth or a good lead passed on by fellow Wheel Horse friends.

kthack657

Im in Pennsylvania, and where I have found a few here, New Jersey seems to be the best place to find them, that or Illinois/Ohio area in the midwest...cheaper out that way too :)

bowtiebutler956

I feel your pain!! You think its bad in Nebraska, try finding a :wh: down here in my part of the coutry! :banghead: I'm as far South as you can go in the country, right at the bottom point in Texas, along the Mexico border. I'm lucky if 1 :wh: a year shows up on Craigslist, within a 200mi. radius. :dunno: I like looking at craigslist up in the northeast. This is usually my reaction when looking. :jaw::scared-eek::bow-blue:

Matt :flags-texas:

855ownerJoel

It is curious that PA/NY and lower New England seems to be the nexus for Wheel Horse. now was this where the majority of the midwest machines were marketed and sold or did they end up hereafter being re sold again and again? Was there any Factory records on the marketing or zip codes where these dealers were that might shed some light?

Just happy being at the center of the Wheel Horse Universe! :wh::rolleyes:

I'm with you on that, have always tried to find who and where any local dealers were by me.

bmuone

Looks like Wheel Horse hit their prime and decline before the fever really took off. :sad: Maybe all us ole cusses didn't have the time, money or experience back then to keep the factories geared up :sad:. Now we got a little time, a little money and ohhhh so much experience. :banana-tux:

SousaKerry

Hell between Kelly to the West of me, Duke to the South, and a few guys around Detroit and Ann Arbor.... If I even see em there gone before I can pick up the phone :ychain: :ychain:

Of coarse it may be the fact that I don't have space, money, time, a decent truck that will go more then 30 miles....

bowtieguy

Hummmm...I know of a barn in Missouri that has several horses....even one round nose that rode out of Nebraska a few months ago!...come on down Tyson!!!!...bring trailer and CASH!

The Toolman

Bowtieguy will make ya a deal, He has been good to me on all the stuff I needed for my horses. Really a nice Guy.

Tankman

Gettin' bad in Northeastern PA. The gas/oil companies are buying up properties so then can start "fracking" for natural gas.

Private properties are being bought up making the residents somewhat "rich."

They're movin' into condo complexes with lawn care, snow removal (if not in Florida), Phoenix and Malibu Beach, CA. Of course all have swimming pools, Olympic size, with a pool service at the ready.

Selling off their landscape equipment by the hundreds including well cared for, and equipped Wheel Horses. Driving prices to historic lows! A fifth Canadian Mist is more expensive.

My Stallions which were worth a few bucks are on the market, selling for 50, 75, 100 bucks. Delivered too! And, gassed up! Includes a case of Lager too!

My neighbors D-200 with a 60" rear WH mower, chains, tiller, wheel weights, 54" snow plow, grader, snow blower and heated cab with Bose surround sound and gps, just went for $127.50 USD delivered to South Carolina. Of course his Horse was always indoors and serviced not yearly, quarterly! Belts, oil, grease, the works!

It's awful up here for us poor folks who don't live on gas/oil enriched properties. :-(:-(:-(

P.S.: The D-200's new owner will be responsible for updating his gps maps.