Sign in to follow this  
"D"- Man

WHEEL HORSE 18 AUTO VALUE???

"D"- Man

TWIN54, Having your son disassemble the tractor and giving him a cut sounds like a good plan. I have two D-160's and Toro does not sell many parts for them anymore so having parts available from anywhere for the D's is a good thing. Some parts go for some pretty good prices. The levers off the hydraulic lift valve go for $30 or more each. I buy parts that I currently don't need just to have them for backup.

Ebay is a good outlet since the parts would be available to anyone in the world as opposed to Craigslist which is only local. With the help of your son you could accumulate a bundle and give him some mechanical and business experience. Maybe he will become a Joe, Jr. 10 percent is a bargain; he should get 20 percent or better but maybe if he gets into it he will find his own horses to part out.

Just a note on posting messages. I use Google Chrome rather than Internet Explorer and Chrome has a spell checker and underlines misspelled words so you can correct them before posting. I don't think anyone really cares but Chrome does that.

When parts become available let us know when and where. Thanks.

Well I have parts available here and now.  I needed a steering bell crank for the 18 Auto I am currently redoing, so I bought another 18 Automatic (partially disassembled but complete, minus deck) from a member here on "RS."   I only needed a handful of parts so I will be parting-out the rest:  Three point hitch, Wheel weights 40#s (rear 15"), Rear three point grader blade, What looks to be a Brinly plow with an adapter for three point hitch mounting, P.T.O. Shaft,  Some turning brake parts, Engine parts, Ross column  Ect. Ect. Ect. I am beginning to list on Ebay as well as resuming the reassembly of my 18.