Sign in to follow this  
Prater

Weekend Work

Prater

We used the 416 with the tiller for an odd job this weekend. I have to get the back patio retaining wall finished before I can list my house for sale, have to sell due to the divorce...

Here are a few pics of us using the tiller to break the hard ground. We could barely get a shovel in the ground and its not even freezing yet...

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

At least it took out the major backbreaking work...

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

Edited by Prater

stevebo

Looks like you made good use of that tiller for sure. Sorry to hear about a divorce...

Sparky

Bummer on the divorce. Looks like the tractor/tiller did a good job breakin up the ground. Did you say 416?? Looks like a C-165 to me :scratchead: .

Mike..........

Tankman

Bummer on the divorce. Looks like the tractor/tiller did a good job breakin up the ground. Did you say 416?? Looks like a C-165 to me :scratchead: .

Mike..........

Doesn't look like my 416-8? The gal looks happy though! :-)

Prater

Sparky, Its a 416-8 that I changed the hood and column on. The blackhoods have a much stronger steering column. The old column was worn and wobbly even with the welded "fix" that I tried.

Stevebo, No worries about the divorce...I was the one who asked for it. Just cant requalify on the home so I have to sell it. No biggie, I will be going from one acre to four acres and its where the garden plot is located.

Jake Kuhn

Looks like it did a great job! :bow-blue:

1maidenfan

Sounds like an UPGRADE to me !

Nice work on the retaining wall. :happy-jumpeveryone:

Wheel-N-It

Thats going to be a nice retaining wall when you finish. I've been using the same block for walls around my house and down at the end of the driveway. You picked a good time of the year to lay them. They are no fun to handle when its 100 degrees and sunny!

Prater

I know, I started this project a few years ago. The blocks weigh about 80 pounds a piece. The step blocks weigh 110 pounds. I have Daddy Don picking up the last four 110 pounders tomorrow...

Here is an old pic of the previous work

IMG_1842.jpg

Prater

Here are a couple of updated pics.

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

welderman85

very nice work

Wheel-N-It

My back is sore just thinking about the next one hundred or so of those I have to lay next Spring. They are here waiting for the Winter to pass. I like how you use your tiller to break up the ground to lay your starter course.

Prater

A buddy came over and backfilled the gravel and leveled out some dirt while I was working. Great friends I have...

IMG_0924.jpg

Rooster

Does that make it a C416?

dbartlett1958

I like the front mounted receiver hitch set-up. May have to copy that on mine. I have one on my Toyota 4-Runner, but never thought about the Wheel Horse.