Sign in to follow this  
55rj35jr

Remembering dad

55rj35jr

My father passed away on Oct 30th 2012 after a long battle with kidney and heart disease he was 81,dad was the first to collect the Wheel Horse tractors and passed it on to my wife and I and our two sons to this wonderful hobby.Dad and my mom really enjoyed driving around at the shows looking for treasures and sharing time with our friends and family. As you can see from the photo that they really enjoyed themselves,dad's tractor is now in my collection and will be at every show that we attend in memory of him,he will be truly missed...post-5315-0-70424600-1353880324_thumb.jp

• Like 9

AMC RULES

Gorgeous tractor you father has there...may he RIP. :bow-blue:

Sparky

Nice to see you have good memories to remember. So whats the other flag on the hood?

Mike.........

55rj35jr

Ohio state flag

Tankman

Mom 'n Dad look great! Great hobby he started you in.

Send Dad our best from RedSquare!

Wheel-N-It

You have some beautiful and blessed memories that alot of Wheel Horse, John Deere, and Cub Cadet guys would love to have. Thank you for sharing this photo.

JimD

Sorry for the loss of your Dad. You have great memories, and it's nice that you shared them with us. I hope to meet you at a show one day and see your Dad's tractor in person. Thanks for sharing. :)

• Like 1

whc160

I will be looking forward to see his tractor at the VGTS. And I am sorry for your loss.

Jake Kuhn

sorry to hear of the loss of your father. Looks like he had a really nice horse and it will get a lot of looks at the shows!

Butch

Sorry for the loss of your Dad Mike. That's pretty cool that at age 81 he was still doing the Wheelhorse show!

Buckshot 1

My belated condolences to your Mother and your Family. That is one good looking Tractor. :USA: .

fourwheels0

sorry to hear the loss of your dad. you have memories and his tractor to keep the memories going.

leeave96

Sorry for your loss - my FIL gave me his 520H before he died. He was also in his 80's. Hopefully I'll get a good run with this tractor and pass it to my Boys to use too - perhaps a truly multi-generational tractor.

BTW - very nice looking tractor. I especially like the hub caps.

Shuboxlover

Looks like your father had TERRIFIC taste!!!! The memories of you, your father and his horses will live forever :handgestures-thumbupright:

jabadamutt

Sorry to hear about your loss, unfortunately my dad also past away this year - in September. I just finished up restoring his old horse, will pass it down to my son...

post-8697-0-35360300-1354367294_thumb.jp

post-8697-0-78377700-1354367341_thumb.jp

Ken B

I'm sorry for the loss of your Dads guys. The good times you had with your Dads will always be remembered each and every time you see and fire their tractors up.

slufoot733

My condolences to both of you on the loss of your father. My dad passed in 1999. In his memory I have restored and maintained his 1952 Tiger 883 and his 1978 WH D-200. He enjoyed his tractors and every time I fire one up I know he is smiling down on me.

Your fathers are sitting there with him, cold beer in hand, keeping an eye on all of us. And when we're not looking they're messing with the tractors, just like toe old days. Hang in there guys.

leeave96

I just googled Tiger and found some interesting info on them. I had never heard of this brand. Interestingly enough, on some of the later models, they used a bunch of Wheelhorse parts.

Here's the link: http://www.tigergardentractor.com/index_files/tiger_garden_tractor_history.htm

slufoot733

That's my friends web site. He owns about 14 Tigers....one of each model, I think. I also have a Yahoo Group on Tiger Tractor: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tiger_tractor/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=2

Tigers were built in Keyser, WV, from 1947 to 1965. They are few and far between but they're still out there. And yes, Tiger did contract with Wheel Horse for parts, primarily the rear end. Tiger use parts from several other tractor manufacturers and combined them to build their own tractors. Many of the transmissions were Crosley three speeds.

Hammerhead

Sorry to hear about your Dad Mike! Hope you are doing well. My Dad passed away way back in 1987 when I was 25 years old and he was only 48 years old! Way to early to die and it was a shock for all of us. We had some nice WH's back then, a nice 953 with a ton of attachments and then a D200 that was a beast for a 13 year kid to use for many years! He started me on WH Tractors and that is why I collect these little gems! My Grandpa Jones had a few old riding mowers too, he had Craftsman riders and small stuff like that, that he picked up here and there and repaired them to use. So it all started many years ago thanks to a great family history. Of course I had to have a few 953's just for the memories!!! All of our Dad's keep an eye on us from above and they STILL love WH's and they are proud of all of us collectors!! Keith

55rj35jr

Thank you all for all your kind words,planning on being at the 2013 Wheel Horse show this year with dad's tractor hope to meet some of you in person,,you all have a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year...