Sign in to follow this  
seth0804

c141 hydro

seth0804

Hello again, I can't seem to adjust the hydro it always wants to go in reverse when you depress the clutch which centers the forward and reverse lever? Is there a simpler way of doing this or am I missing something. and why is the cam so hard to turn shouldn't it just turn with a screw driver once you loosen the set screw. I adjust it and the wheels do not turn off of the ground and once I test drive it, the tractor wants to go in reverse once you put the clutch or brake??

876wheelhorse

is the frame busted i am seeing right now mine wants to do funky things. like mine it would do everything in forward but put in reverse turtle speed.... i took that cover off and was watching the flame flex..... i may not be right but something to look at for sure

seth0804

I checked the frame and I do not see any cracks or frame issues. I did tighten the four bolts that attach to the trans to the frame they were a little loose. I now have another problem that does not make any sense to me?? I can not move the hydro handle passed neutral into reverse. will not go in reverse. It is like the handle is hitting something. I took all the panels off and it is hitting the neutral centering lever?? but that is all connected and I have never changed the settings?? I am confused.

seth0804

an additional note when you engage the clutch it moves the handle or centers it about a half an inch in forward positions, but the tractor is in reverse!!!!??? weird

TT

why is the cam so hard to turn shouldn't it just turn with a screw driver once you loosen the set screw. I adjust it and the wheels do not turn off of the ground and once I test drive it, the tractor wants to go in reverse once you put the clutch or brake??

Are you adjusting for neutral with the brake pedal depressed and locked?

Loosen the set screw and rotate the cam 180 degrees - then start over with the neutral adjustment procedure.

I haven't messed with a Sundstrand tractor in about 6 years, but I seem to recall having a similar issue.

Mine didn't have the external brake assembly, so you might want to verify the correct operation of the brake band, linkages, etc.

seth0804

but how would the hydro lever position change like that; the only way to get the lever to work is to take the auto centering linkage out.  but I will not have a brake???? I am lost here I will have to take pictures and post them.