Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

Coles Burban

Ken B

My son wanted a fun tractor that he didn't have to worry about scratching but he wanted it cool and different from eveyone else's tractor. Most of the things that were done to it were his idea's, he has been getting his hands dirty working on it along side me. I'll let the pics speak for themselves of what we have done so far, we picked it up less than two weeks ago. The first picture it is riding on the back of my trailer the day we got it home. There are still quite a few things we are going to do to it, this is just a start. We might change the color of the rims, just not sure what color yet. He has named it Rusty in memory of our puppy we lost a few months ago.

001-5.jpg

001-9.jpg

012-2.jpg

• Like 5

Tankman

Nice 'n Rusty! Saved old iron for sure.

Sorry 'bout the doggie, Rusty is still with ya.

woodchuckfarmer

lookin good Ken

stevebo

I am really liking those spinners and dual exhaust for sure!

AMC RULES

I'm diggin' those foot throttles Ken...should put those in kit form. :handgestures-thumbsup:

Cole

Man, I love the front tire in the first pic, seems like it had too much maintenance lol! Really, You've got one heck of a nice horse there.

VinsRJ

An to think I was going to pull apart my Rat...

I may have to just show these youngsters a few things, LOL!

Looks cool, Ken.

Ken B

An to think I was going to pull apart my Rat...

I may have to just show these youngsters a few things, LOL!

Looks cool, Ken.

Don't take your Rat apart Vin, it is without a doubt the coolest one I've ever seen!

AMC RULES

Haven't seen it lately Vin...thought I heard it might be getting a make over?

KC9KAS

Looking good....Keep us posted and updated with pictures!

Ken B

I'm diggin' those foot throttles Ken...should put those in kit form. :handgestures-thumbsup:

I just do it for fun, that would add stess to my hobby. Besides, I'd hate having to do something over and over the same way. I like to just look around my shop and try to make things work with whatever I have, things always come out diiferent that way! Lol!

• Like 1

Ken B

I had the tractors out earlier this morning and snapped a few shots of them together to show some of the differences between the two.

010-4.jpg

007-4.jpg

009-4.jpg

Sparky

Are ya running any extra weight up front to keep the wheelies in check?

Mike.........

fireman

Ken,

Check this bad boy out! I just came across it while looking for something else. Could be someone from here but I have never seen it before.

p1010798hu9.jpg

p1010800kl5.jpg

p1010799wo1.jpg

p1010797jk2.jpg

• Like 1

Ken B

That is pretty insane Jeff, I've never seen that one before.

Ken B

Are ya running any extra weight up front to keep the wheelies in check?

Mike.........

Two things that really lessen the chances of any wheelies that I have done are changing over to a 3 inch pulley on the rear diff and a foot throttle. The 3 inch pulley gives it a little more speed but it also takes away quite a bit of torque. With the foot throttlle I have much better control of engine speeds.

groundhog47

My son wanted a fun tractor that he didn't have to worry about scratching but he wanted it cool and different from eveyone else's tractor. Most of the things that were done to it were his idea's, he has been getting his hands dirty working on it along side me. I'll let the pics speak for themselves of what we have done so far, we picked it up less than two weeks ago. The first picture it is riding on the back of my trailer the day we got it home. There are still quite a few things we are going to do to it, this is just a start. We might change the color of the rims, just not sure what color yet. He has named it Rusty in memory of our puppy we lost a few months ago.

001-5.jpg

001-9.jpg

012-2.jpg

Second that if I may those are dandy wheels and very neat tractor!!!

welderman85

that is a great looking pair of tractors. i have been thinking of doing somthing like that with a 704 i have.

Ken B

I'm kinda at a stand still with this tractor. I've been careful not to make any big changes, drill holes or make any cuts. In fact, I fixed over a dozen holes in the hood and blended the repairs in. Its really a pretty nice original Suburban that I don't want to ruin. I wish I had the parts pile to support a rat build from ground zero, but I don't. Cole is a happy camper so mission accomplished!

Ken B

Movin right along......

001-11.jpg

• Like 1

Ken B

I gotta admit, we aren't sure whether or not we are going to stay with the look of the white walls and red inset rims. Might like the black better?

Wheelhorse84

White walls hold true to the rat look.

Jake Kuhn

now those are cool ken! I would love to have a set of rims like that. :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

wallfish

I like the all black better too.