Sign in to follow this  
tractornut86

Tractornut86's collection

buckrancher

I would love to have a wheel horse senior in my collection but thier a little too pricey guess I'll stick with the rj35's I have for now

great collection of tractor's by the way

Brian

c161rat

Hey tractornut...where u located at in Ohio????

tractornut86

First is the two seniors on the trailer, 2nd. Gibson Super D, 3rd is Panzer model T205, 4th is a Sears Handiman on left and on right is a Mighty Mite, 5th is a 5hp Bantam and then a wheel horse sighn

post-7463-0-13056600-1353337197.jpg

post-7463-0-72481800-1353337216.jpg

post-7463-0-04279000-1353337245.jpg

post-7463-0-24314700-1353337272.jpg

post-7463-0-98414000-1353337296.jpg

post-7463-0-23171100-1353337316.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Love that sign. :scared-eek:

CasualObserver

What? No Tri-trac? :ychain: I'm loving the Sears Handiman. Got any more details on that? It's the only one I couldn't identify on my own. I've read about and seen a LOT of garden tractors over the years, but don't know anything about that one. Somehow slipped by the radar.

tractornut46

I see my brother has posted a few pics of our tractors.There shows quit a few tractors with hefty price tags.But dont get confused as to think we are rich or anything.We travel to about 10 shows and swap meets a summer and peddle parts there.And as some of you know sometimes u make a dollar or two.Thats how we have finaced most of these purchases.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

All I can say is WOW...would like to know some of the shows you guys go to. You guys have a lot to offer here, like Jason, I have seen some of what you have at other shows...always special. This site is not really like "Antique Tractors" and is not meant to be, but anytime you can show that kind of stuff here and tell us about it...I am all ears. Thanks for sharing. I love the panzer and the Bantams and the lever steers...etc. :)

• Like 1

varosd

Looks great guys! was your interest (you and your brother) in tractors also a family thing? It does seem like a lot of us get the bug from our parents or grandparents. :D

whlpny

Ok you 2 tractor nuts quit it- your giving me the bad urge to splurge on stuff again! If you guys decide to move the Brownie make sure you get ahold of me I know a buyer (not me) who would be hot after it !!!!!

tractornut86

Yea at one time with our dad we had a little over 100 wheel horse tractors. Then we got into Speedexs and had about 60 at one time and the horses went down to bout 60 also. Then we just kept a couple of the tractors and me and brother went off on our own. Buckranger if you sell a few rj35s a senior isnt far out of reach. Thats how many of the tractors came along is haveing to sell one or in many cases a few in order to just buy one.

tractornut86

Well which Brownie? The one seater or 2 seater haha got one ofeaxh and there has been a couple people that has tried and tried but thats not something you come across very often at all so they will be last to go unless someone throws a crazy stupid price out.

Jeremy Watson

Hello Derek and Harry, you have a very nice collection of tractors. It just amazes me the collection of garden tractor some members have. I didn't even know they where collectible until joining this site two years ago.

The bigger garden tractor in your collection where they used for mowing and gardening? I have never seen any pictures of one with any attachments.

Jeremy

tractornut86

They were for gardens and small farms. They did also have sickle bars also along with plow, discs, culivators and bout whatever needed for a garden. Most people dont like the attachments much because they are big and tend to be a pain if you gotta move them. The little D4 Speedex is said to be able to plow 6 acres a day and the speed of it with only a 3hp Briggs or 4hp Clinton. I just dont see it.

tractornut86

First picture is how the last load of horses got unloaded. Yanked them out with the Power King, 2nd is a 1939 Speedex Model C walker and is the oldest model C known. 3rd is a 1961 model 401 wheel horse with the factory110 starter. 4th is a 1942 Speedex Model B with factory steel wheels. And last is a Page tractor and cant remember the model off top my head.

post-7463-0-00649200-1353441146_thumb.jp

post-7463-0-97567400-1353441168_thumb.jp

post-7463-0-43150800-1353441386_thumb.jp

post-7463-0-29394000-1353441407.jpg

post-7463-0-70154100-1353441426.jpg

Trouty56

When you say 110 starter does it get plugged into a 110 electric outlet??? That's one cute roundhood (probably the wrong descriptive word). Man those PK's are TUFF......

GlenPettit

VERY VERY Impressive collection, and the information was great.

Hope to see this in an Article, or probably a bunch of articles over time)

in LAWN & GARDEN TRACTOR Collector magazine some day.

tractornut86

Yea thats exactly it, plug a extension cord into the starter and theres a chain that spins the motor over. In a brochure it says a 110 or a 12 volt starters were a extra option on a 401. As for an article i have talked to Kate the one that writes for the magazine but nothing has come of it. I know a few people have talked to the magazine about doing more old tractors to better inform about the past but its like a fart in the wind.