Sign in to follow this  
zach l

Brush mower?

zach l

I had an idea and was wondering if anyone would have any input or has tried this and it had failed I'm just curious. Building a front deck and instead of blades using aircraft cable like a big weedeater? Any input would be appreciated thanks

Todd

I had an idea and was wondering if anyone would have any input or has tried this and it had failed I'm just curious. Building a front deck and instead of blades using aircraft cable like a big weedeater? Any input would be appreciated thanks

you'll shoot yer eye out kid ! tried it on my weedeater the cable recoils bad ,to much vibration.one a mower=death ...

zach l

What if you run 4 cables off one point that pivot same issue you think?

kpinnc

I think Ian (Stigian) has a flail mower attachment on a Wheel Horse. The pictures he posted a while back sure appeared to show a very capable machine.

zach l

I just thought it would be neat to build and mostly weeds and pricker bushes and stuff but don't Wanta spend a lot on a flail mower

wallfish

You could try building a flail mower out of a snow blower to keep the cost down.

jay in nc

roblarance has a gravely in the classifieds, a more capable bush hog mower has never been produced, do yourself a favor and buy it! i have 3 and im almost as nuts about them as i am the horses! jay

kicked by a horse

Can anyone comment on the 3 point finish mower attachement and how suitable it is for brush or what type of mowing it is intended for?

Trouty56

The finish mower for the D's are finish mowers.....however.....Jdog got a C195 that had a 48" Woods bush hog for the 3pt..........