Sign in to follow this  
coldone

D series Hydro motor reassemble vid Part2

coldone

This one is a little over 1 hour, Tried to shorten it up a bit but no luck. In this one, putting rotory group on, putting locking mechanism together the correct way, cleaning and more cleaning.

• Like 1

Trouty56

I don't think mine is put together correctly after watching this. It works good but when I flipped the housing (the direction was wrong) the piston assembly was not attached like that. I opened my pump to regasket and it wasn't either but it may be different.

I'm still having a hard time understanding how the spring works....lol....

coldone

I don't think mine is put together correctly after watching this. It works good but when I flipped the housing (the direction was wrong) the piston assembly was not attached like that. I opened my pump to regasket and it wasn't either but it may be different.

I'm still having a hard time understanding how the spring works....lol....

How was it attached? When you loosened your housing, did the housing get pushed out from the motor block? When you put it back on did the housing go all the way to the motor block without any resistance?

When the housing is off, the spring (cylinder block) will not have any tension on it and you can push and pull the main shaft with no resistance. Once you push the shaft inward (towards the transaxle) the cylinder block contacts the valve plate. Then you have to force the shaft inwards agianst the spring pressure. When you reinstalled teh housing, it should have went on and then stop about 3/8 inch from the motor block. The screws would have started but you would not have been able to finger tighten them up all the way. The screws usaully are used to pull the housing up all the way.

Hope I answered your question.

The pump is different and it will be shown in a later vid.

Trouty56

You know I honestly don't remember.....lol....3 years ago...

Hoozey

will bookmark this one. thanks for sharing