coldone

D series Hydro motor reassemble vid Part1

coldone

Finally! I had a chance to get back out to the shop and get the hydro motor back together. I had taken apart in previous vid and I had to stop when it came time to press the shaft out. I tried getting it out without a press and i buggered up the locking mechanism. I got the parts to repair that and I start the reassembly of the motor.

In this vid i show how to install the locking mech, lapp the valve plate, lapp the cylinder block, the differenecs between a standard 15 series motor and the WH motors, and clean up a little.

This motor will work on the D series and C series.

I hope it helps a few people.

• Like 2

pfrederi

Great stuff!!

Where did you get the locking ring from? I have a couple with broken tabs

coldone

What locking ring? the spiral lock?

Trouty56

Coldone....was wondering where you have been. Great video.... I thought 43 minutes would be a long time but now I'm waiting for part II.... Thanks for the time that you have put into this topic....

pfrederi

What locking ring? the spiral lock?

The spring clip that goes on the shaft, you mention it at the end of the video...somewhat pricey you said.

What was the source??

coldone

LJ fluid power in MI. (269) 623-4150

You will need to talk to LJ and have the wheelhorse part numbers. I thin the clip was $15.

coldone

Part II will get uploaded tonight while I sleep (4hrs to upload). It will cover the locking mechanism, I put it together wrong the first time, and the rest of the assembly. I get it all back together except fo rthe accel valves. I want to do a vid of them disassembled and cleaned.

After that I will be working on a series for the pump. My orginal has some issues so I bought one from Joes OPE that has stripped splines.

I know that the vids are long and I havent taken the time to edit them for lenght. I really just wanted to get the info out and as much of it as I could. There just wasnt any decent vids or manuals showing what's in the motors and pumps. My motivation was seeing all the D series adds (CL) and posts about how the tractors wouldnt go up a hill and people were just getting rid of them or passing them up. Hopefully now we (GT nuts) can save a few more from the scrap pile. Hopefully a few more people will pick up some cheap Ds and spend a little time on the hydro system and have a great tough tractor afterwards.

JamesBe1

Excellent video my friend. At first I though that 43 minutes would be painful to sit through, but I was way wrong. I downloaded it to save on my computer to watch when I get up the courage to attempt it myself.

Can't wait for part II.

Thanx for doing this for the rest of the community and the dysfunctional D family!

pfrederi

LJ fluid power in MI. (269) 623-4150

You will need to talk to LJ and have the wheelhorse part numbers. I thin the clip was $15.

Thanks so much for the info and the great video.

The D is getting her pump and motor replaced this winter.

coldone

The D is getting her pump and motor replaced this winter.

If you are using used parts,take them apart and clean and inspect them. The best practice will be to break apart the transaxle too and clean it out while you are there. If there is any metal shavings in the system after you change out the pump and motor, it will damage them. Dont forget to flush the manifold lines too.