Sign in to follow this  
Todd

Volt meter wont work

Todd

my volt meter wont work .What would cause that ?post-8737-0-53459300-1352546801.png

rmaynard

What model? Generally speaking, if the volt meter is not working but everything else is, you have a bad volt meter, bad wire, or bad connection.

Todd

thats what i was thinking,for the past few weeks i tore down the 520 and cleaned every thing with a wire brush connectors switches ect..I didnt see any pinched or bad wires.i'll check again maybe i missed something ..

Save Old Iron

Todd,

I saw your status update indicating

"If any one has a volt meter not working change the dash bulbs if there not working .The meter runs on a series curcuit"

I think we need to revisit the wiring on that gauge. There are two terminals on the gauge, One connects to a ground and the other (pink wire I believe) is powered off the "I" terminal of the ignition switch. I do not see a bulb "series circuit" in line with the voltmeter in the demystification guide, nor does the bulb in series with the meter make any sense. The internal resistance of the voltmeter would be so high, the bulb would never light. The meter may give an indication but the bulb its feeding thru will never light!!

Unless you originally meant the voltmeter light was not working. But still, this would not be a series circuit unless you used 6 volt lamps in a 12 volt circuit.

Apparently the gauge works. We just need to recheck the wiring. I'm on vacation the rest of this week so I'll be in and out for the next few days. Be glad to help.